Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default htc one restart

My HTC one randomly shut down a couple weeks ago and I couldn't get it to charge until yesterday when I held the charger a certain way. But now it restarts every five minutes with the message "To restart your phone, press and hold the power button now" and then it gives me three seconds to press and hold the power button before it shuts off. This happens every five minutes, what do I do.

Default Re: htc one restart

Sounds like the battery level has dropped to a very crucial level and its in need of a good charge.

I would first try and get a reliable (known to be working) wall charger and USB cable and get it plugged in and charging. From there if it continues to do this message, hold the power button and let it do its thing. Holding the power button usually results in a soft reset/reboot so it shouldn't harm things. At this point you just want to get the device working again.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.