Moto E bought in India works in USA..?
I recently bought a moto e mobile now im worried that the mobile works in USA. Do we need to unlock something or like that.
Sorry for my ignorance...
- 08-19-2014, 02:11 PM #2
- 08-19-2014, 03:40 PM #3
Re: Moto E bought in India works in USA..?
Unless the phone is subsidy-locked (you pay very little for the phone, but you have a contract for about 2 years to stay with the same carrier), the phone isn't SIM-locked, so you can put in any SIM (including one from a US carrier). The problem is the radio frequencies. The only US carrier it might work with, as Golfdriver said, is TMobile, and that depends on where in the US (they use different frequency groups in different parts of the country).
Try it in a TMobile store in the area you want to use it in. They'll put in a TMobile SIM for you. If it works, open an account (monthly or pay as you go, your choice). If not, you'll need a different phone.
- By TJGEsq in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 4Last Post: 06-20-2015, 09:41 AM
- By SquaredCircle in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 08-28-2014, 09:55 PM
- By CarrierPigeon in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4Replies: 18Last Post: 07-01-2014, 09:04 PM
- By phantomog in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 8Last Post: 06-23-2014, 12:20 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-19-2014, 07:43 PM