Was my phone rooted at the factory?
I just bought a bran new zopo ZP988 mobile phone running Android 4.2 from the zopomobileshop.com
I bought AVG antivirus pro from the market and after doing a scan I got a warning message that my phone was rooted.
After reading some of the reports lately that sometimes malware is being installed in Chinese made phones is it possible that this may be the case with mine? and if so what can I do about it if anything?
I am a total amateur where mobile phones are concerned.
- 06-19-2014, 09:53 PM #2
Re: Was my phone rooted at the factory?
This is a good question. I think the first thing you can try to do is either download a root checking app, or some other app that requires root access (Titanium Backup, Greenify, etc) and try to run it.
If those apps work, then, yes you are rooted. As for how to get rid of it, I am not sure offhand.
- 06-19-2014, 10:04 PM #3
- 06-19-2014, 10:22 PM #4
- 06-19-2014, 10:35 PM #5
- 06-20-2014, 12:11 AM #6
- 06-20-2014, 12:45 AM #7
- By CarrierPigeon in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 33Last Post: 06-27-2014, 11:40 PM
- By RHS in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 8Last Post: 06-23-2014, 03:54 PM
- By galaxys4user498 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 6Last Post: 06-21-2014, 10:35 PM
- By dr9911 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 1Last Post: 06-19-2014, 10:25 PM
- By xJokersAngelx in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-19-2014, 08:25 PM