Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Set up android with MS account

Hi

I hope someone can help me answer this. I've never had an android phone so i ask you if you can set it up with a microsoft account instead of google acount. Furthermore if you can buy apps from google play with microsoft account instead of google account.

And what are the downsides of doing that
    tgp

Global Posts
    3,576 Global Posts

Default Re: Set up android with MS account

You must use a Google account to log in to your phone. However, you can use any email address as your Google account username, including your Microsoft email address or Yahoo or whatever. For example, if your Microsoft email is myname@outlook.com, use that as your Google username instead of the default myname@gmail.com. It's still a Google account, but using your Microsoft email.

I actually do exactly the opposite. I use a Gmail email as my username for my Microsoft account. And strictly speaking, it's not even necessary to log in to your Android phone at all. However, you would not be able to use Google Play. You would have to sideload all apps.
    Current lineup: Nexus 6 (primary device) and Lumia 920. There are several others as well, but they come and go!