Set up android with MS account
I hope someone can help me answer this. I've never had an android phone so i ask you if you can set it up with a microsoft account instead of google acount. Furthermore if you can buy apps from google play with microsoft account instead of google account.
And what are the downsides of doing that
- 06-20-2014, 07:22 AM #2
Re: Set up android with MS account
You must use a Google account to log in to your phone. However, you can use any email address as your Google account username, including your Microsoft email address or Yahoo or whatever. For example, if your Microsoft email is firstname.lastname@example.org, use that as your Google username instead of the default email@example.com. It's still a Google account, but using your Microsoft email.
I actually do exactly the opposite. I use a Gmail email as my username for my Microsoft account. And strictly speaking, it's not even necessary to log in to your Android phone at all. However, you would not be able to use Google Play. You would have to sideload all apps.Current lineup: Nexus 6 (primary device) and Lumia 920. There are several others as well, but they come and go!
- By MonsterDev in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-08-2014, 10:30 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-08-2014, 06:04 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-06-2014, 09:30 AM
- By tony5496 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 5Last Post: 06-20-2014, 12:21 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-20-2014, 09:19 AM