Something Went Wrong

A

AC Question

I get a constant pop up now that "Something went wrong" Please wait a moment and try again. If the problem persists, try logging in.

I can not find out what app is having an issue. I have closed the ones that I typically use and reopened them. NO recent updates to any apps. I have shut the phone down and restarted it to no avail. .Any thoughts or suggestions?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings > Battery and see what is high up on the list. Something making constant toast notifications will be using a lot of battery... There is a good place to start looking for suspects.

Landon Shimpa

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I have been getting this same intrusive pop up all morning but without downloading and new apps since yesterday. I don't understand and it is so annoying. I am using an HTC One m8. Has anyone found a solution to get rid of the Message?

drclark65

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
The 'something went wrong' pop up only happens when wifi is on. Seems like some app is conflicting with the wifi. I don't want to use my phone only in 3G/4G mode, but that does get rid of the problem.

HELP?

FLHT Rider

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I solved the issue (well, for my Galaxy S5 it worked)
I went into settings and turned off the option "Location"
I haven't has the "Somthing Went Wrong" error after stopping the location setting to off.
I hope this helps with yours.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
There were some people in other forum complaining about the same problem. It turned out to be Verizon Cloud sending that message.

The fix was going to settings - apps - all - select Verizon Cloud - force stop it, clear cache & data and reboot the phone.

Razorwindmo46

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
I have a Sprint LG G3. Some apps will log in and some won't. Same with Google search and Chrome having issues after the ZVG update. Turning off Location does not work. Turning wifi off does work. When wifi is on, the mobile network can't get an IP address.

Last edited:

TrannyTanya

May 2, 2018
Visit site
Hello to all that are concerned, and to the point of our problem with SOMETHING WENT WRONG message I fixed on my Android 7.0 LG phone, was that I turned off my Google Assistant.
I hope this helps you like it helped me. How do you access Google Assistant? I find it is different with most phones, but aim to going to Google search window, press the top left bars, drop down your menu, going to settings, devices, your phone, Google Assistant, toggle It Off. you will be still able to use the mic in the Google search window at the top of your phone. Since I turned Google Assistant off I have not seen SOMETHING WENT WRONG message again. I hope this works for you and good luck!

leith white

May 21, 2018
Visit site
I've had the same thing occurring - the error message was different before the last update and had no morphed into this error message. I have a tic watch s model. It's not s sending the message but only when u try to access contacts or texting, etc through google assistant

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's usually the Google Assistant's way of saying "there's a connection problem". If you have the phone in a front pocket and the watch on the other hand (phone in right pocket, watch on left wrist) and your hand is positioned so that the signal has to go through a foot or so of your body, the watch might be almost out of range of the phone. 10 meter range means 10 meter line of sight, not through obstructions, and at 2.4GHz, the body is a solid obstruction. Holding the watch up to your head could make it worse - now the signal has to go through both your skull and your body.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674