I'm using Samsung Galaxy S3.
Since 2 days when I go into the Gallery the whole thing just freezes(i have around 500 pictures there) and I have to keep clicking the home button at the bottom, eventually I get a message saying that the gallery is not responding and I have to exit. Cannot view any of my pics, also i can't transfer them to my laptop (it says something about write protection - i never activated such thing).
Somehow i managed to quickly delete some pictures to make some free space (before it freezes) but they re-appear in my gallery...
I deleted cache, i used Clean Master, nothing seems to work.
Help me please! Thank you in advance!
- 06-21-2014, 04:00 AM #2
Re: Gallery freezing!
Welcome to Android Central! Are the photos stored in Internal Storage, or on an external SD card? If they're on an SD card, there could be some file corruption going on, which might make the Gallery app crash. Try removing the SD card and inserting it into your computer. You can then backup your photos and delete any you don't want. You might also consider reformatting the card, in case it's corrupted somehow.
If the photos are in Internal Storage, then try going to the App Manager, select Gallery, and Clear Cache and Clear Data. Then open Gallery again, and wait for the thumbnails to repopulate. See if it keeps crashing.
It wouldn't hurt to clear the system cache partition as well, which can sometimes help with random problems like this. You won't lose any personal data. [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
- 06-21-2014, 05:21 AM #3
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-05-2014, 10:51 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-20-2014, 01:11 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-20-2014, 09:27 AM
- By peemdas in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 06-20-2014, 12:48 AM
- By Kevin Drescher in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-19-2014, 01:11 AM