Why is my Galaxy 4 having charging?

A

AC Question

Galaxy 4 charging issues

Hi everyone,

I've had the Samsung Galaxy 4 since May of 2013 and it has been working great! However, I went camping on June 7th and there was a pretty heavy rain storm that passed through all night. I had my phone in my shoe at night (yes, perfect place!). The phone itself didn't appear wet, nor was the inside wet when I took the cover off - maybe it absorbed some moisture from the outside? Either way, I woke up the following morning after the storm and the phone was not turning on and initially wasn't charging. I worked the white rice magic and after a few hours, the phone started charging and works perfectly again!

For about a week, the phone was able to charge from both a wall charger and usb port (it's a charger with a usb that can plug into a wall charger adapter... whatever that might be called). After about a week (something like June 13th/14..), the wall charger stopped charging the phone, but charging from a usb port from a computer/car is working to charge the phone I've tried several chargers and different outlets as well with the same issue. Phone still works great and is able to be charged with a usb port, but not from a wall outlet.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Any help would be appreciated!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Galaxy 4 charging issues

Hi everyone,

I've had the Samsung Galaxy 4 since May of 2013 and it has been working great! However, I went camping on June 7th and there was a pretty heavy rain storm that passed through all night. I had my phone in my shoe at night (yes, perfect place!). The phone itself didn't appear wet, nor was the inside wet when I took the cover off - maybe it absorbed some moisture from the outside? Either way, I woke up the following morning after the storm and the phone was not turning on and initially wasn't charging. I worked the white rice magic and after a few hours, the phone started charging and works perfectly again!

For about a week, the phone was able to charge from both a wall charger and usb port (it's a charger with a usb that can plug into a wall charger adapter... whatever that might be called). After about a week (something like June 13th/14..), the wall charger stopped charging the phone, but charging from a usb port from a computer/car is working to charge the phone I've tried several chargers and different outlets as well with the same issue. Phone still works great and is able to be charged with a usb port, but not from a wall outlet.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Any help would be appreciated!

That's odd. Sounds like it would be the wall charger and not anything else with the device if it's still charging via USB cable. Are you trying other wall chargers or just USB cables? Do you notice anything related to a decrease in battery life?

I'm thinking the water caused damage and is the source of the issue. If you can get hold of a new charger and battery give those a shot. If nothing works then it's the device. You can continue to use it as is or get a replacement if you have insurance.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress