Problem syncing contacts on Samsung S5 with Outlook.com
I am seeing a problem when I add a contact on my Samsung S5 into my outlook.com account.
An example is:
First Name: Bad
Last Name: Name
the email is stored in outlook as
"Bad Name" <firstname.lastname@example.org> instead of
Bad Name <email@example.com>
Placing the name in quotes causes a corrupted email account to be sent.
I have seen this posted on several other forums, but i have not located a solution
- 06-22-2014, 10:03 AM #2
Re: Problem syncing contacts on Samsung S5 with Outlook.com
I think I found an acceptable solution to this problem. This involved deleting my outlook.com account on my device, and then downloading Outlook.com from Google Play. This allows for a clean syncing of email, calendar events, and contacts.
In order to work around the limitation of read-only contacts on my device from outlook.com, I downloaded "Contact Editor Free" from Google Play. This tool allows for editing my outlook.com contacts.
All of my data and maintenance of the data is within the standard tools provided on my device, and so far it seems to be a promising approach
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-28-2014, 10:56 PM
- By Unregistered in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 06-29-2014, 07:40 AM
- By Grifftech2K13 in forum AT&T Galaxy Note 2Replies: 2Last Post: 06-23-2014, 06:00 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-22-2014, 09:01 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-21-2014, 02:51 AM