Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default timeout option

have galaxy s4 when i go to adjust time for screen timeout it does not give me any duration options..it justs say maximum

Global Posts
    21,016 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: timeout option

That seems strange. Probably a bug in that version of the OS. Have you tried looking for an app?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    3,153 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Settings/Device/Display/Screen timeout should give you a list of times from 15 seconds to 10 minutes. If not, bring the phone into your carrier's repair center or, if you're in the US, the Samsung Experience Center (also known as the Samsung desk at Best Buy) and ask if they can reflash the phone for you. (Show them what the problem is first - they may have some other ideas.)

Tasker is always another option. My phone's screen timeout depends on the app I'm using. 15 seconds if I'm on the desktop, but if I'm on an app I use to read the news, 5 or 10 minutes (depending on how dense that app's screen is), so I can read without constantly touching the screen.

thanks for info..but have pretty much given up on fixing it..found a screen timeout app that keeps the screen on until i turn it off..kinda of a pain but better than the screen constantly going off

Global Posts
    21,016 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by rebe78 View Post
    thanks for info..but have pretty much given up on fixing it..found a screen timeout app that keeps the screen on until i turn it off..kinda of a pain but better than the screen constantly going off
    Welcome to the forums.
    Sorry it didn't work out.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here