Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default screen timeout options for s4?

Screentimeout does not give me any duration options..just says maximum
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default re: screen timeout options for s4?

for anyone else experiencing this..i chatted with a samsung rep on line and after he walked me thru a few things i had already tried..the verdict was i would have to factory reset the device. i did not want do that .....so i found a work around.. i downloaded a free app called "screen timeout toggle"....it always keeps the screen on (you can turn it off also) but screen on is better than it timing out after 3 seconds

Welcome to Android Central! Glad you found a workaround, but your original problem is still puzzling. I don't know what Samsung's menus look like, but on my Nexus 5, I go to Settings>Display>Sleep, and have 7 different time intervals to select from, ranging from 15 seconds to 30 minutes. You don't see that? Can you show us a screenshot of the menu you're using to adjust?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ok heres some further information that i don't think is related to my original problem, but i am computer illiterate..so here goes everything i did the day my screen timeout option on galaxy s4 stopped working. accidently locked my phone on verizon website(my carrier)..phone was asking for a pin but accepted nothing..verizon and i could not figure out what to do short of a total reset..did not want to do that so i had the bright idea of thinking i could go on my google android device mgr and change password..well that didn't work but it also locked my screen. long story short..on myverizon web page i found the pin that unlocked my phone yea!! but now having this screen timeout issue. does anybody out there think my not so funny comedy of errors are related