Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Manual Sync not working since

On my Samsung S4 droid, got a major Verizon software update on 5/14/14. Since then, I cannot manually download email as I have done in the past. I can set it to auto sync when I open the app, or to not sync at all. I have tried the following: master sync (settings>connection>data usage>Auto sync data) and email-account sync both on; master sync on, and email-account sync off; master sync off, and email-account sync on; and master sync and email-account sync both off. None of these settings gives me the functionality of manual syncing. After several attempts to figure it out, folks at the Verizon store said that “they” intentionally removed that functionality. I doubt it though, since the “manual” feature still appears in account sync settings, and since the sync button still appears in the app. Anyone know how to manually sync email now?

Global Posts
    20,767 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Manual Sync not working since

Have you tried clearing the email cache?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: Manual Sync not working since

I guess it now treats opening the email app as asking for a manual synch on all accounts that have synch enabled.