Nexus 5 or Moto X

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Reason I ask is cos my provider just dropped nexus 5 to only 50 bucks on plan moto x is 0 bucks ...question is ..is nexus 5 worth it , how is battery life I need a whole day charge with 2 hrs maybe more on screen ...any input would be great .

sent from Mars using Moto g !

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'd say a Moto X..... Or are you looking for something long term? The Moto X + 1 is coming out soon.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Long term as in 2 yrs but I have a habit of getting something new before end lol
I would wait for moto x 1 but I hear its getting bigger ...5 inch is as big as a screen I want otherwise it will feel like a tablet .

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Long term as in 2 yrs but I have a habit of getting something new before end lol
I would wait for moto x 1 but I hear its getting bigger ...5 inch is as big as a screen I want otherwise it will feel like a tablet .

I have both, and honestly, I would say get the X. Sure you are giving up speedy updates, but in turn you are getting good radios and a great battery (something moto is known for) and always listening and active notifications.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Battery is what is winning and size for moto x I have a moto g and love it just need more space and LTE ...was going to just get moto g LTE but price same on plan on either phone .

frag06

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Battery is what is winning and size for moto x I have a moto g and love it just need more space and LTE ...was going to just get moto g LTE but price same on plan on either phone .

I love my Nexus 5. It is a great phone. But like others here have said, if you want the best possible battery life, the Moto X is probably the better choice of the two.

I wouldn't like to sign a two year contract to get it, though.

frag06

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Well the 2 yr contract is not bad I have been with same provide for around 7 yrs lots of flexibility with plan

That's great.

I was basically saying, that if I were going to sign a two year contract, the Moto X would not be my first choice of phone.

I would spend the $200 for an HTC One M8, for sure. The Moto X is a nice phone, but I wouldn't want to be stuck with it for two years.

If you do indeed have a flexible plan and can possibly upgrade before the two year contract is up, great! Or if you just don't want to spend the money, the Moto X is a great phone to have!

I wouldn't be able to resist the M8, myself. Not for $200.

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
They don't offer M8 :( all I can say I just want something that will have battery life with one charge a day cos when I had a S3 with out doing anything but maybe fb at lunch time it would need charge by 1 pm it was just the worst for that ...so nexues 5 being a better cell than moto x is it that much worse on battery ...it has to last from 630 am till 6 ...7 pm or till bed time on charge ..its why I like my g 15 hrs on and still have 53% left

frag06

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
They don't offer M8 :( all I can say I just want something that will have battery life with one charge a day cos when I had a S3 with out doing anything but maybe fb at lunch time it would need charge by 1 pm it was just the worst for that ...so nexues 5 being a better cell than moto x is it that much worse on battery ...it has to last from 630 am till 6 ...7 pm or till bed time on charge ..its why I like my g 15 hrs on and still have 53% left

How long a phone's charge will last is a hard question to answer. There are many variables. Your usage, cell signal and carrier, ect.

I suggest you give this thread a read. It should help answer your battery life question, at least somewhat.

Screen on time obviously varies. But in my experience, I average somewhere around four to four and a half hours from 100% to about 20 - 30%. But I have many unneeded features turned off, and brightness set low for indoor use.

frag06

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Very good read ty ....gone have to have a look at both in hand think that will let me make a better choice , a choice that will be ideal for my needs.

Yes, that is a great idea. That is what is comes down to with a lot of phones. Such a hard choice!

Let us know if you have any more questions!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes