Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default How to make the menu bar transparent like nexus 5?

I have a galaxy tab 2 7.0 (p3113 rooted cm10) and want to make the bottom bar transparent but not get rid of it completely. Is there an app for this so it looks like the nexus 5's menu bar?
    How to make the menu bar transparent like nexus 5?-screen-shot-2014-06-20-6.54.09-pm.png

I also want the transparent top notification bar like i have on my note 2 (kitkat), but nova launcher says that this is not supported. Can I force this with a root app?
    I would have gotten a cm11 nightly but I get error 7 every time I install even after editing the rom to make it install with anything.

Default Re: How to make the menu bar transparent like nexus 5?

Hmmm.. I would think Nova would of handled it. If Nova or some other 3rd party launcher isn't doing it my next thoughts would be to " theme " the launcher and actually change the coloring of the dock portion. It maybe a " png " image or it could be a color code change in either the launcher, framework or SystemUI depending on which covers that portion.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.