Can I copy old phone app info to a new phone?

Right_2_B3ar

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Here is the deal, my daughter broke the screen on her s3 including the digitizer. I am able to to a copy and paste of the entire phone contents to my computer as a backup. When we pick up a new phone for her as we are up for a new contract on one of our phones can I copy the saved app progress to her new phone? Replacing the phone with a new one is cheaper than the 180.00 they want to replace the digitizer. Any help appreciated.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Here is the deal, my daughter broke the screen on her s3 including the digitizer. I am able to to a copy and paste of the entire phone contents to my computer as a backup. When we pick up a new phone for her as we are up for a new contract on one of our phones can I copy the saved app progress to her new phone? Replacing the phone with a new one is cheaper than the 180.00 they want to replace the digitizer. Any help appreciated.

Transfering app data is not as simple as it seems. You'll need something like Helium if it is not rooted:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.koushikdutta.backup&token=H7UpvR7D

You might need to upgrade so you can sync the data to the cloud. There are plenty of other apps that can do this as well, but they require root.

Another problem you might run into is if the phone does not register touch inputs. Then it will be much harder to transfer app data.