Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can I copy old phone app info to a new phone?

Here is the deal, my daughter broke the screen on her s3 including the digitizer. I am able to to a copy and paste of the entire phone contents to my computer as a backup. When we pick up a new phone for her as we are up for a new contract on one of our phones can I copy the saved app progress to her new phone? Replacing the phone with a new one is cheaper than the 180.00 they want to replace the digitizer. Any help appreciated.

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: Can I copy old phone app info to a new phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Right_2_B3ar View Post
    Here is the deal, my daughter broke the screen on her s3 including the digitizer. I am able to to a copy and paste of the entire phone contents to my computer as a backup. When we pick up a new phone for her as we are up for a new contract on one of our phones can I copy the saved app progress to her new phone? Replacing the phone with a new one is cheaper than the 180.00 they want to replace the digitizer. Any help appreciated.
    Transfering app data is not as simple as it seems. You'll need something like Helium if it is not rooted:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ikdutta.backup

You might need to upgrade so you can sync the data to the cloud. There are plenty of other apps that can do this as well, but they require root.

Another problem you might run into is if the phone does not register touch inputs. Then it will be much harder to transfer app data.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

but if I cannot see the screen it does not matter

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Right_2_B3ar View Post
    but if I cannot see the screen it does not matter
    Then you can't use Helium
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!