06-21-2014 04:22 PM
34 12
tools Reply
    Okay, I was able to finally access mega.co.nz through Opera. Are you here right now?
    Sorry, took a break. It's working now. Mega had some downtime I believe. I'm guessing for maintenance. Alright, I think you're good to go!

Drag the 1.1 zip to your phone via TWRP.
    06-21-2014 02:37 PM
    Sorry, took a break. It's working now. Mega had some downtime I believe. I'm guessing for maintenance. Alright, I think you're good to go!

I didn't even notice a 2nd page, but I already put the 1.1 zip of ViperSV on my phone storage (on Windows)
    06-21-2014 02:43 PM

Also, the next step seems to be to confirm the MD5, but I'm not sure where to locate it on the download page. Is it in the URL?
    06-21-2014 02:45 PM

Okay, I just did everything in the ViperSV instructions up to the point just after flashing the boot.img. I was then rebooted to what looks like a normal start-up screen, but the instructions tell me to "reboot into TWRP Recovery"

Did I do it right?
    06-21-2014 03:18 PM
    Okay, I just did everything in the ViperSV instructions up to the point just after flashing the boot.img. I was then rebooted to what looks like a normal start-up screen, but the instructions tell me to "reboot into TWRP Recovery"

Did I do it right?
    If it boots up, you are good to go. If not, you will have to manually flash the boot.img of the ROM. Let me know if you need help with that.
    06-21-2014 03:53 PM
    If it boots up, you are good to go. If not, you will have to manually flash the boot.img of the ROM. Let me know if you need help with that.
    Well, when it boots up, it's a "vanilla" screen and not the ViperSV one. After looking into Recovery mode again, it seems I haven't actually installed ViperSV yet, so I tried to start it. (Going to "Install" then picking the .zip file)

It took me to an installation process where it asked me to choose a launcher, choose which apps to remove, and what keyboards to install. When the installation process started, it went all the way to 76.78% then stopped at the extraction of some language file.

/system/tts/lang_pico/fr-FR_nk0_sg.bin
    06-21-2014 04:05 PM
    Well, when it boots up, it's a "vanilla" screen and not the ViperSV one. After looking into Recovery mode again, it seems I haven't actually installed ViperSV yet, so I tried to start it. (Going to "Install" then picking the .zip file)

It took me to an installation process where it asked me to choose a launcher, choose which apps to remove, and what keyboards to install. When the installation process started, it went all the way to 76.78% then stopped at the extraction of some language file.

/system/tts/lang_pico/fr-FR_nk0_sg.bin
    Did you factory reset before flashing the ROM?
    06-21-2014 04:07 PM
    Did you factory reset before flashing the ROM?
    I might have. I remember attempting to do a factory reset yesterday, but because it required entering recovery I was unable to actually do it. I don't recall doing it today. I did follow the instruction to wipe out the cache (the Darvik one? I can't recall how it was spelled)

In any case, I think I'll just stick with using my now working phone, and leave ViperSV (or other ROMs) for later. I've ran into too many issues over the past 24 hours to plunge into another potential issue.

Thank you so much for the help! Do I need to mark this thread as "Solved" or something?
    06-21-2014 04:12 PM
    I might have. I remember attempting to do a factory reset yesterday, but because it required entering recovery I was unable to actually do it. I don't recall doing it today. I did follow the instruction to wipe out the cache (the Darvik one? I can't recall how it was spelled)

In any case, I think I'll just stick with using my now working phone, and leave ViperSV (or other ROMs) for later. I've ran into too many issues over the past 24 hours to plunge into another potential issue.

Thank you so much for the help! Do I need to mark this thread as "Solved" or something?
    But we're so close! Oh well, you don't need to do anything else. If you need help with anything else, don't hesitate to come back to AC!
    06-21-2014 04:22 PM
34 12