Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Nexus 5 doesnt turn on or respond to any buttons

Hello!

My Nexus 5, which is just over a month old, has died on me while charging (from about 30% battery) yesterday. I had it on my desk charging, and when I wanted to pick it up an hour or two later it didnt turn on when pressing the power button.

After looking at forums and even calling googles support desk I still havent figured out a way to fix the issue, holding down the volume buttons and the power button (in each combination and holding them down for a over a minute) does NOT work for me.

Does anyone have any insight in what the problem might be or how to fix this? I would very much appreciate the help!

Default Re: Nexus 5 doesnt turn on or respond to any buttons

Welcome to Android Central! Do you remember if the phone was getting really hot at any point? The battery may have simply died.

If you can't boot into Recovery mode (described here: [GUIDE] Nexus 5 Recovery), then I would contact Google or wherever you got your Nexus 5 about possibly getting a replacement.

Default Re: Nexus 5 doesnt turn on or respond to any buttons

I don't recall the phone becoming hot, however, when I try to charge my phone now it does not get warm, which it would if I had it on the charger before the occurence. I can not say whether this is because of the battery dying of simply because it is completely charged.

I will try to contact LG, thank you for the assistance