Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default phone swith off

my samsung galaxy star is switching off itself wat i should do now

Default Re: phone swith off

Welcome to Android Central! Can you give us a few more details? Is only the screen turning off, or is the phone entirely powering down? Does it give you any warning, or does it happen suddenly? When you restart the phone, does it work normally until the next time it shuts down? Any problems with charging the battery?

The first thing to try is a new battery, since the current one could be failing. A quick way to test is to remove the battery, lay it flat on a table, and try to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which is a bad sign. But even if it doesn't spin, it's worth trying a new battery.

Corrupt SD cards can also cause problems, so try unmounting your SD card (if you have one) by going to Settings>Storage and tapping Unmount, then remove the SD card and reboot.

You could try booting the phone into Safe Mode to see if one of the apps you installed could be causing problems. Safe Mode disables all 3rd party apps, so if the problem persists, then it's a problem with the system or hardware. Instructions for Safe Mode here: How do I start my Samsung Galaxy Star S5280 in Safe Mode? | MobiWhy