What smartphone to buy?
My criteria for a smartphone is:
- Long battery life
- Not a huge screen
- SD card slot
- And lastly, a removeable battery (if possible)
Does anyone have any smartphones that they could recommend?
Does reading off the sd card drain battery that much?
- 06-21-2014, 01:50 AM #2
Re: What smartphone to buy?
Samsung is the king of phones that have SD cards and removable batteries. If you want a non-huge screen, consider one of the Minis, like the Galaxy S4 Mini: Samsung Galaxy S4 mini specs. The one caveat about Samsung devices and SD cards is that we seem to see quite a few posts on this forum about SD card problems--corrupt files, corrupt cards, inability to see files, etc.
Where do you live? If it's available in your area, try the HTC One Mini 2. It looks pretty impressive, but it doesn't have a removable battery. HTC One Mini 2 review - CNET
I don't think reading things off the SD card drains battery more than off internal storage--unless there are corrupt files on the card, which can cause Android components like the Media Scanner hang up while trying to scan the card, thus leading to battery drain.
- 06-21-2014, 02:24 AM #3
- By TechTube14 in forum Samsung Galaxy S6Replies: 40Last Post: Today, 07:54 AM
- By Tott26 in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 4Last Post: 06-21-2014, 04:56 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-21-2014, 10:13 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-21-2014, 02:29 AM
- By TxDaydreamer1 in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 06-20-2014, 11:06 PM