Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default need help asap

Whenever I put my new sd card in my Phone (8gb, before it was 2gb). My phone keep telling me that there is no sd card present, even though it is in and sometimes tell me that nothing is on my card and when I put it in my laptop everything is on it. Then I tried my old sd card and it says the same idk what to do, and is really bothering me. Please help me.
    And sometimes I take it out for atleast a couple of hours and put it back in, then it starts working perfectly for just 1 day.
    help please

Default Re: need help asap

Your SD card slot may not be "hot swappable."

Power down phone, swap card, power on phone is always safest procedure to protect card data in any event. The memory card gets read on boot up.
    Nokia Lumia 925 (T-Mobile Variant): Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers
    LG Nexus 4 (16GB): Sailfish OS EA3
    Asus Nexus 7 (2012 WiFi 32GB): Factory Google KitKat 4.4.4 + francoKernel & Xposed
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    3,770 Global Posts
    ROM
    WDGI EX Rom v1.0

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Whenever I put my new sd card in my Phone (8gb, before it was 2gb). My phone keep telling me that there is no sd card present, even though it is in and sometimes tell me that nothing is on my card and when I put it in my laptop everything is on it. Then I tried my old sd card and it says the same idk what to do, and is really bothering me. Please help me.
    And sometimes I take it out for atleast a couple of hours and put it back in, then it starts working perfectly for just 1 day.
    help please
    Try rebooting the phone while the SD Card is in the phone. You also might have to format the SD Card.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

ADB Console by wizzrah. Check it out!: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sof...e-wizzrah.html
    Thanked by:

I Just did that and went into gallery and it says SD card unmounted or not present. And it is in.

Hot swappable ? what does that mean ? Cause I just tried this as well and it says SD card umounted or not present . So u think something is wrong with my slot then ?

Global Posts
    3,770 Global Posts
    ROM
    WDGI EX Rom v1.0

Quote Originally Posted by YassBish View Post
    I Just did that and went into gallery and it says SD card unmounted or not present. And it is in.
    Is the SD Card formatted correctly? Such as Fat32? Put it in your laptop again and try this:

3 Ways to Format an SD Card - wikiHow

Basically, when you see the card, right click it, and select format.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

ADB Console by wizzrah. Check it out!: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sof...e-wizzrah.html

am going to do so Right now. Brb, will it erase everything from off of my card ? cause I really don't want that.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Is the SD Card formatted correctly? Such as Fat32? Put it in your laptop again and try this:

3 Ways to Format an SD Card - wikiHow

Basically, when you see the card, right click it, and select format.
    I just did it. And it says FAT32 in My Computer. After it says Complete formatting. I should just put it in my phone
    Last edited by YassBish; 06-21-2014 at 01:41 PM. Reason: i wasnt finish