Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question
    AC Question's Avatar
    Guest

    Default need help asap

    Whenever I put my new sd card in my Phone (8gb, before it was 2gb). My phone keep telling me that there is no sd card present, even though it is in and sometimes tell me that nothing is on my card and when I put it in my laptop everything is on it. Then I tried my old sd card and it says the same idk what to do, and is really bothering me. Please help me.
    And sometimes I take it out for atleast a couple of hours and put it back in, then it starts working perfectly for just 1 day.
    help please
  2. #2  

    Default Re: need help asap

    Your SD card slot may not be "hot swappable."

    Power down phone, swap card, power on phone is always safest procedure to protect card data in any event. The memory card gets read on boot up.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows Phone 8.1 Update + Lumia Denim

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,619 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,634 Global Posts
    ROM
    Kitkat

    Default Re: need help asap

    Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Whenever I put my new sd card in my Phone (8gb, before it was 2gb). My phone keep telling me that there is no sd card present, even though it is in and sometimes tell me that nothing is on my card and when I put it in my laptop everything is on it. Then I tried my old sd card and it says the same idk what to do, and is really bothering me. Please help me.
    And sometimes I take it out for atleast a couple of hours and put it back in, then it starts working perfectly for just 1 day.
    help please
    Try rebooting the phone while the SD Card is in the phone. You also might have to format the SD Card.

    "In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
    Thanked by:
  4. #4  

    Default Re: need help asap

    I Just did that and went into gallery and it says SD card unmounted or not present. And it is in.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: need help asap

    Hot swappable ? what does that mean ? Cause I just tried this as well and it says SD card umounted or not present . So u think something is wrong with my slot then ?
  6. #6  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,619 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,634 Global Posts
    ROM
    Kitkat

    Default Re: need help asap

    Quote Originally Posted by YassBish View Post
    I Just did that and went into gallery and it says SD card unmounted or not present. And it is in.
    Is the SD Card formatted correctly? Such as Fat32? Put it in your laptop again and try this:

    3 Ways to Format an SD Card - wikiHow

    Basically, when you see the card, right click it, and select format.

    "In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
  7. #7  

    Default Re: need help asap

    am going to do so Right now. Brb, will it erase everything from off of my card ? cause I really don't want that.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: need help asap

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Is the SD Card formatted correctly? Such as Fat32? Put it in your laptop again and try this:

    3 Ways to Format an SD Card - wikiHow

    Basically, when you see the card, right click it, and select format.
    I just did it. And it says FAT32 in My Computer. After it says Complete formatting. I should just put it in my phone

Similar Threads

  1. Mms not working with galaxy mega 6.3. Help?
    By Amy Johnson80 in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-08-2014, 07:04 PM
  2. Need help to update my Rooted AT&T GS3 to KitKat
    By yohannyphm in forum AT&T Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-28-2014, 01:06 PM
  3. need help for s4
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2014, 12:49 AM
  4. Help nexus 7 stuck on the 4 bouncing ball animation !!!
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-22-2014, 12:22 AM
  5. samsung galaxy s3 screen not working. help urgent!!
    By daraab saeed in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-21-2014, 04:38 AM

Posting Permissions