Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Multiple dilemmas

Hi everybody, all assistance is greatly appreciated with this somewhat lengthy question. I have an unlocked Galaxy 4 (T-Mobile M919) I purchased to use with a Pure Talk SIM in the States, and others overseas. I love the Pure Talk service, but the phone WILL NOT get the data. I've spent probably an hour total with their tech people...very helpful, we went through all the settings, etc., and at the end of the day they have no idea why this is occurring. Something engineered into an M919? If I decide to sell it and try another, is the I9505 a good way to go? Is it TRULY unlocked, no carrier BS with it, or would a ATT I337 be more suitable? I really do need one I can just throw a SIM from anywhere in it and be off and running. Thanks to all for any input.

Global Posts
    4,718 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

Default Re: Multiple dilemmas

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Hi everybody, all assistance is greatly appreciated with this somewhat lengthy question. I have an unlocked Galaxy 4 (T-Mobile M919) I purchased to use with a Pure Talk SIM in the States, and others overseas. I love the Pure Talk service, but the phone WILL NOT get the data. I've spent probably an hour total with their tech people...very helpful, we went through all the settings, etc., and at the end of the day they have no idea why this is occurring. Something engineered into an M919? If I decide to sell it and try another, is the I9505 a good way to go? Is it TRULY unlocked, no carrier BS with it, or would a ATT I337 be more suitable? I really do need one I can just throw a SIM from anywhere in it and be off and running. Thanks to all for any input.
    You'll probably have to mess with the APN settings of the phone.

They also have the S4 here: Samsung Galaxy S4 - Pure TalkUSA

Did that for quite a while, first while looking at that link online, then with their tech people. Nothing. Talk & text are lightning fast and perfect, and yes, I do have the data plan, and data is turned on.

Global Posts
    4,718 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Gordon1 View Post
    Did that for quite a while, first while looking at that link online, then with their tech people. Nothing. Talk & text are lightning fast and perfect, and yes, I do have the data plan, and data is turned on.
    These are the settings for Pure Talk:

Internet Profile or Network Name: Pure TalkUSA Web
    Internet APN (Access Point Name): att.mvno
    Internet Homepage URL: PureTalk USA
    MMS Profile or Network Name: Pure TalkUSA MMS
    MMS APN (Access Point Name): att.mvno
    MMS URL: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    Username: [leave it blank]
    Passowrd: [leave it blank]
    Proxy Address: proxy.mvno.telrite.com
    Proxy Port: 80

This according to their website: http://www.puretalkusa.com/phone_programming.php#ps

Global Posts
    4,718 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

Just check to see if they match.