Not receiving group messages from iphones, I have always had android
I am not receiving group messages from iphones. Sometimes the message comes through and just never downloads or I never even see it downloading. I have never had an iPhone, my smartphones have always been Android. Tech support has told me it's something to do with imessage and my iPhone friends must toggle their imessage on/off for it to start working. This is not only tedious but ridiculous for me to do. It also only works sometimes. Any helpful hints?
- 08-19-2014, 02:23 PM #2
- 08-19-2014, 03:07 PM #3
Re: Not receiving group messages from iphones, I have always had android
1) In order to properly send an SMS from an iPhone, at least one text (not iMessage) message has to be sent from the iPhone to that number. (iMessage "remembers" that number as one that gets SMSs in the future.) So if it's someone new, tell them to send you one text message.
2) Apple is working on making the iMessage system work with normal SMS (which is the world standard). It could be that they're doing something at the moment ("moment" being anywhere from a few seconds to a few weeks") that's messing things up.
In any event, if it's just iPhones you're having the problem with, it's not your phone that's causing it.
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 16Last Post: 04-11-2016, 04:56 PM
- By Whitni Cole in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-25-2014, 08:18 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-08-2014, 02:18 AM