video pauses again & again in samsung s5

A

AC Question

When I play any video in my new samsung s5, it keeps on pausing again & again. Even if I am staring right on the screen...still it keeps on pausing again & again.
Need a solution.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
The buffering often experienced when for example streaming YouTube video, if that's what we're talking about, is I believe caused by the limited speed of data download on a slow or weak mobile data signal, and I think there's nothing you can do about it except wait and hope for an improved signal. It's the same with wifi if the signal's weak.

Posted via Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^These are videos you've uploaded to YouTube and are attempting to stream? If so, are they data-rich high-definition videos?

Posted via Android Central App

Ehud6342

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I have this same issues on my S4. If I reboot it works for a little while and then it will start to imediatlly pause when I play in media apps, Youtube, Pandora ect. I can get past it in about 3 tries on beyond pod.

jilisan25

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
When I play any video in my new samsung s5, it keeps on pausing again & again. Even if I am staring right on the screen...still it keeps on pausing again & again.
Need a solution.

Not sure if this the same problem i encountered, when i tried to play the video from sportscam (microsd) to my smartphone, it keeps pausing and pausing and buffering, thought the phone cant handle the vibration/resolution of the sporstscam, i downloaded vlc player and it works. No buffering or annoying disturbances.. I enjoyed the hd resolution in my phone.

AJC1973

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I had this happen with my note edge. With the videos. .. just recently also when I'd use Google search the keyboard would close in the middle of typing clear what i was typing and irritate the crap out of me.... it started after I turned on daydream.. and stopped after I shut it off...

Settings:display and wallpaper:daydream off

Posted via the Android Central App

KhajiitThief

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I think I am having the same problem, when I am trying to watch videos on YouTube every time I press play it will pause the video, as if I paused it myself, then I have to press play again. I tried looking for smartpause and any thing that has to do with gestures on my phone and I can't find anything.

Sachin Motiram

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Recently started happening to me too! I don't understand why. It doesn't matter if it's Netflix or YouTube, the video randomly freezes and I have to press the play button for it to continue. It's so annoying. I already cleared the cache and restarted my phone. No luck. Also does the same with 4G as well as WiFi. If anyone has ANY information on solving this issue, please help! :) EDIT: I just also made sure smart pause was off. It was disabled.

Last edited:

KhajiitThief

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I found out what my problem was, it was the headphones I was using. It is not connecting right or something. Only know this because when it isn't working and it keeps pausing it, no sound comes out at all and when it is working and I unplug the headphones, it pauses the video for me. This is only what my problem was, I don't know about anyone else.
Edit: I have to plug my headphones in just right, if I push them all the way in it makes the video pause itself every second. If I plug it in almost all the way then it doesn't pause and sound comes out normally.

Last edited:

CaptainQ

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
I have a galaxy s5 and I don't know how it is on other Samsung devices but I had this exact same problem. Videos I played would pause over and over without me clicking pause and if I just reset the device it would pause less but after a little while it started to get worse and worse. What I did was went to settings-mute/pause then I turned it off. Now videos don't pause without me clicking pause.