Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Unlock/Lock button - not working

Hello guys!
    So, here's the deal - I've accidentally glued the lock/unlock button on my phone. The phone is still working perfectly fine but I can't unlock it unless someone has called me or if I put a charger in. (It's an htc wildfire if that helps) So, my question is - Is there a way to change the lock/unlock button? (For example is there a setting/hack so that I can unlock my phone from the volume buttons or the motion button)

Global Posts
    4,424 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Default Re: Unlock/Lock button - not working

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Hello guys!
    So, here's the deal - I've accidentally glued the lock/unlock button on my phone. The phone is still working perfectly fine but I can't unlock it unless someone has called me or if I put a charger in. (It's an htc wildfire if that helps) So, my question is - Is there a way to change the lock/unlock button? (For example is there a setting/hack so that I can unlock my phone from the volume buttons or the motion button)
    Hi there!
    Is the phone rooted? If it is, you can try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=850464

You can map out what button does what. In this case, you can say a volume button can turn off the phone.
    "The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson

My One X has served its time...now it's the Note 4's turn

Default Re: Unlock/Lock button - not working

Welcome to Android Central! What kind of glue was it? Are there any solvents that might break it down?

In order to remap the hardware buttons, you'd have to root the device. Here's an article that discusses it. How to Remap the Hardware Buttons On Your Android Phone