Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default No Sound Except Outgoing Calls and Headphones on Samsung Galaxy S4

Checked all controls. Did full system reboot after clearing cache. System recovers fine but No Sound whatsoever except with external jack and when I make a call. So incoming calls register but I cannot hear anything. Removed my SDmicro card as well. Did the battery removal and restart. Just ridiculous ... would appreciate a fix. KenW

Default Re: No Sound Except Outgoing Calls and Headphones on Samsung Galaxy S4

Welcome to Android Central! I'm not entirely clear on what you're describing--so you can hear sounds using your headphone jack, right? But when you say incoming calls register but you cannot hear anything, are you saying that you hear the phone ring, but then nothing comes over the earpiece?

Does the external speaker make any sound whatsoever? If not, I'd guess that the speaker or the related circuitry has failed.

Incoming calls register - no audio at all in either direction. I have not tried the headphones with calls but they work with youtube for instance... so essentially the built-in speakers are kaput ......

How about trying a new SIM card?

Posted via Android Central App