Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Unhappy Rooted GS3 problems (ROM, Apps, and more)

Hello
    Sorry I'm new to all of this ROM stuff, and while I know there's probably a million threads about specific issues, I can't seem to find one that deals with all these wonderful problems I'm having.

Basically my camera had failed on my S3 (i474 att) so some online research indicated that i should factory reset, possibly root and install a rom. So i did that. That didn't fix the camera, unfortunately. I decided to install this AOKP ROM to get 4.4 and that thing was horrid. I couldn't access google play store, and all these sites about ROM stuff are either total jargon or so full of ads and scams... i decided to go back to 4.1 for now until i have some more time to research.

Anyway, in the process Android File Transfer (Mac OS X) stopped working, Google Play Store now tells me my phone is not able to install Instagram (which I used happily for a long time on this phone before today). I tried to load AOKP again, but it won't go. Tells me my signature permissions are not complete or something like that.

Again, sorry for the noob-ish post but i can tell you all about music and design software... phones... not so much.

Default Re: Rooted GS3 problems (ROM, Apps, and more)

BTW i used motochopper to root. seemed fine. If somebody's feeling awesome enough to let me know how to get that AOKP running (or suggest a better ROM that will allow me to install without this signature issues) that would be amazing.
    Thanks a million all.

Global Posts
    19,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

A few questions:
    Are you up and running?
    Did you reroot?
    Aside from Instagram, is the phone working ok?

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

hi there.
    so thanks for checking and answering
    the phone works now but i had to drop it back to 4.1
    the camera is not working at all, no matter what i tried, still with the "camera failed" message. tried everything. clearing all kinds of cache, rooting, etc.

i got instagram to work, no idea how. it just started to work.
    i guess at this point since the camera looks like it's not gonna be able to be fixed, would be nice to just get this rom'd and running 4.3 or 4.4 android until i can buy a new phone... guess that's the idea for now.

thanks
    a