Samsung Galaxy S3 won't turn on, help

A

AC Question

Hello everyone

So yesterday I was using my Samsung Galaxy S3 just fine but the battery reached 0% so it turned itself off, I plugged it in to charge it and after ~15 minutes I tried turning it on which it did and as I was typing my pin code, it turned itself off again! I tried to turn it on (I shouldn't have I guess) and I saw the battery thingy showing me it was charging and I didn't use my phone for a bit but then the orange light telling me it was charging wouldn't show and I've literally tried everything to turn it on but the screen remains black, phone wouldn't vibrate or anything. Did it die on me or is it the battery perhaps?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try plugging the phone into a wall outlet and let it charge for a good 12-24 hrs without disturbing it. If it still doesn't turn on, the battery might be dead A quick way to tell is to remove the battery, place it on a table, and try to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which is bad. Try a new battery. And avoid letting the battery run down to 0!

Jo Lie

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I'm the original poster

Unfortunately I've tried several times to turn it on (that's not really what I'd call not disturbing it, is it) but now that I've heard your advice I will be careful!

I've plugged it into a wall outlet earlier so I'll leave it like that all night! I've removed the battery for a bit this morning and it looked just fine on the outside but hey, I'm crossing my fingers it /is/ dead so I can buy a new one because having a dead battery > having a dead phone.

Thank you for your reply!