Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Assigning drive letter to ASUS tablet

Hello!

I have the awesome Asus tablet, exact model is ME173X

I have been struggling for HOURS on this, so I hope people check and respond to problems often. Please

I deleted a file I needed by accident from my tablet. I have been struggling on GooglePlay store to find a good one to recover the file. When I gave up on that, I installed a file recovery program on my PC. However, when I hook up my tablet with USB, I can't access it as a drive letter.

I did more research and found out I have to enable developer tools, which I did, and it shows up as a device, not a drive letter.

I disparately need that file. And quickly! How do I get my tablet to show up as a drive letter so my file recovery programs on the PC will access it? OR, what is a great file recovery program for this tablet, trial free versions. I don't want to buy software and have it still not work.

PLEASE.

Global Posts
    22,154 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Assigning drive letter to ASUS tablet

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but mist often once something is deleted on Android, its gone. True, there are recovery apps like you described, but as I understand, they need to be installed before anything happens. And I think many require root access.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here