htc one bootloop

A

AC Question

hello all ii have an htc one sprint .. rooted and twrp modded recovery, no roms I don't think.. ive had it rooted for months now no prolblems out of it so I wouldn't expect it to be the issue.

so last night my phone dies and starts going haywire in a bootlooop.. I cant pull battery its an htc one.. factory reset and backed up this morning .. and it started to loop again . went to recovery right now im attempting to abd sideload it. and also clearing the dalvk cache.. any idea how long this should take. and what the issue could be. my phone is charging normally so I don't think its the battery ..

after reset it ran ok.. for about an hour until it started the loop... so im thinkin it could be a sketch app that starts automatically and crashes my phone on startup .

need some help .

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
hello all ii have an htc one sprint .. rooted and twrp modded recovery, no roms I don't think.. ive had it rooted for months now no prolblems out of it so I wouldn't expect it to be the issue.

so last night my phone dies and starts going haywire in a bootlooop.. I cant pull battery its an htc one.. factory reset and backed up this morning .. and it started to loop again . went to recovery right now im attempting to abd sideload it. and also clearing the dalvk cache.. any idea how long this should take. and what the issue could be. my phone is charging normally so I don't think its the battery ..

after reset it ran ok.. for about an hour until it started the loop... so im thinkin it could be a sketch app that starts automatically and crashes my phone on startup .

need some help .
Hi there!

What were you trying to sideload? What you can try to do is see if you can uninstall the app from a PC if that is the case. Just go to https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../https://play.google.com/store&token=UtSbUpPo.

A

AC Question

htc one bootloop cont.

apologize for making new thread .. I kept getting certificate issues from the site.

to wizzrah .. I wasn't sideloading anything but I had the option to clear the dalvik cache in the process in hopes it would catch what's causing the issue .. I uninstalled some apps and its happily rebooting as we speak lol .. ive been at this since 4 o clock in the morning .. got frustrated a few times with it but I got my patience back .. I just want to get it fixed .

another facory reset maybe ? it seemed to be the only thing that helped .. but not permanently apparently

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: htc one bootloop cont.

apologize for making new thread .. I kept getting certificate issues from the site.

to wizzrah .. I wasn't sideloading anything but I had the option to clear the dalvik cache in the process in hopes it would catch what's causing the issue .. I uninstalled some apps and its happily rebooting as we speak lol .. ive been at this since 4 o clock in the morning .. got frustrated a few times with it but I got my patience back .. I just want to get it fixed .

another facory reset maybe ? it seemed to be the only thing that helped .. but not permanently apparently

Try to factory reset now since the apps are removed.

Bethany Meyer

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

I've been dealing with the same issue all day. I did a reset and everything seemed to be going great for a while, then it started doing it again. Now that I think about it, maybe it was an app I installed. I wiped again and I'm going to slowly install my apps. I'll let you know if I figure it out.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I agree.. Add the apps slowly, one at a time and let it run for an hour or so in-between installs to see how it reacts

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

I've been dealing with the same issue all day. I did a reset and everything seemed to be going great for a while, then it started doing it again. Now that I think about it, maybe it was an app I installed. I wiped again and I'm going to slowly install my apps. I'll let you know if I figure it out.
Interesting. I have a rooted and ROMd HTC One M7 and is running the latest SuperSU (June 18th) and haven't had any problems.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Carrie Cox

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site

I had the same issue with a Boot Loop... Ugh! I, also, had it rooted using SU and Twrp.
After Backing Up and a Factory Reset... Still in Boot Loop.
I deleted the Dalvk Cache and did another Factory Reset.
It worked after this. I suspect it is the SU causing the problem... It's the only app I didn't re-install after slowly re-installing each app... Arduous!
Smooth running now.
Don't install new SU!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

I had the same issue with a Boot Loop... Ugh! I, also, had it rooted using SU and Twrp.
After Backing Up and a Factory Reset... Still in Boot Loop.
I deleted the Dalvk Cache and did another Factory Reset.
It worked after this. I suspect it is the SU causing the problem... It's the only app I didn't re-install after slowly re-installing each app... Arduous!
Smooth running now.
Don't install new SU!

Hmm sounds like the new SU isn't working properly with the latest OS update. Thanks for the backing up what others seem to be having problems with.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85