Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Samsung Galaxy 2 tab does not charge with wall outlet but charge with Car charger

There are quiet a few posting on the forum but I don't understand final verdict: So my questions are:

Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 does not charge from wall outlet. Battery sign comes and tries to charge but dies and goes into loop
    I accidently tried to charge with Car charge in my car and it was charging.
    Came back home and tried to charge on the wall outlet, it did not charge : Message connect your charger.
    It is now somehow charging but with X sign on the battery.

So is my battery bad or charger or tablet ? also for information, I don't use my tab quiet often so the battery is complete dead every 2-3 days and is not charged for atleast a week.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy 2 tab does not charge with wall outlet but charge with Car charger

Welcome to Android Central! Charging cables and charging plugs can fail, so you could test out a different one. How well did it charge using the car charger? Did the battery level actually go up?

As you may know, it's not a good practice to let your device's battery die routinely. Modern devices won't let the battery drop to true zero, but if you habitually let it die, and then wait a while before charging, the battery might completely discharge, which is irreversible. If you know you're not going to use your device for a little while, power it down.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,714 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy 2 tab does not charge with wall outlet but charge with Car charger

Check your ports. Make sure they are tight. Otherwise it could be battery troubles if the cable and USB plugins are to spec.