unable to capture media

L

LarryE

Droid ultra Motorola. No matter what camera I download, when I try to record video it says "Unable to capture media" any way to fix this????

bh27

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I HAD THE SAME THING for the last 3 months. I found it v frustrating.

THIS FIXED IT FOR ME AND FOR OTHERS

REMOVE THE APP CALLED "CALL RECORDER" as this uses the microphone at all times and stops video from working. Other call recorders seem to work fine with no affect on video.

Alternatively you can disable the app in the app's own settings which is what I did.

Cheers,

Ben

rpd57

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
I also had the problem with not being able to run the video on my phone, with the same message " unable to capture video". After seeing the note that you had the phone recorder app, which I also had downloaded on my phone. I removed the app and restarted my phone and video recorder works perfect again.

Thanks for posting the info because when I went to Verizon they just said that I needed a new phone and it would not have that glitch. After going through the long task of re-downloading all my apps the new phone did the same thing. So after all that chasing around and taking it back "To The Pro's", with no success, it was nice that it was a simple fix from going here online !

I hope this helps anyone else that has this problem. It was as noted by a prior person due to the recorder app which kept an open feed to the microphone of the phone, which is also needed for video recording, and blocked the recorders access to the mic thus faulty the video capture

2watermetergals

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
I found that the problem was that Facebook was using the microphone and although I couldn't find a way to opt out of it on my Android phone - I was able to use the video on my camera by clearing the cache on Facebook. Go into settings- select apps- select Facebook and clear the cache. I had been having this problem for months.

Bipin Giri

Oct 7, 2017
Visit site
I was having the same problem with camera and showing the same error you guys have mentioned. Since it was related to camera, i knew there was something wrong with apps using camera and i remembered the time,problem started. This problem started when i started using HEALTH MONITOR APP which gives u detail on blood pressure,etc etc using the flash light and camera of the phone. I unistalled the app but still i was having the issue. Then i went to internal memory folder of the phone, deleted a file named blood monitor, etc it can be anything which is something related to the app u installed previously, in my case it was blood monitor.I just deleted it, and voila! Problem got solved immediately. unistalling or doing whatever you want wont solve it unless u factory reset but if u target a correct logical problem and delete the root issue, u can save ur phone from reset. I am not programmer or anything, just a simple user, this logic workd for me, i just took my 10minutes to write this post may be sometime it may solve the stress of someone who is facing similar issues. Guys just see to it, and try it.BYe guys have a great day.:-[:-[:-[:-[:-[

Paul Grecian

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
Hi I fixed this problem by going into Settings. Apps. Then find the camera app. Open it. Click the top right corner and select erase updates.
It will then factory reset the app and fixed this problem for me.
Cheers.

betraist321

Aug 11, 2019
Visit site
Could be something as simple as this (just happened to me)--you've got a memory card (MicroSD) which you originally designated (in Camera-Settings-Save settings-Storage) for photo and video storage...…..that has simply been filled to capacity. My MicroSD card is only 2GB so I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. Try deleting as many of the files on the card as you can, or, if you have adequate internal storage, then just re-designate "Phone" for storage in (in Camera-Settings-Save settings-Storage). Good luck!

kristi_mimi1976

Oct 17, 2019
Visit site
I get an error saying "unable to start video capture. Another app may be using the mic". As a Motorola fan I'm very disappointed and would really like to be able to video my animals becuz they could be a $10,000.00 video for America's Funniest Home Videos. Please HELP!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown