Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Exclamation I'm having trouble downloading apps on my Samsung Note 3

Help!

I am trying to download some apps onto my phone but I just recently started getting this error message - "Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card. It doesn't matter what app I try to download. I have plenty of space left of my phone so I know that space is not an issue. I have even deleted and removed some apps I haven't used in a while.

Help?!?!?!?

Default Re: I'm having trouble downloading apps on my Samsung Note 3

Welcome to Android Central! Are you trying to install these apps from Google Play or some other source? Do you have an external SD card inserted? If so, how much space is available on the SD?

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you trying to install these apps from Google Play or some other source? Do you have an external SD card inserted? If so, how much space is available on the SD?
    I am downloading from Google Play on my phone and I have tried it from my laptop. I still get the error either way. I have a 16gb external drive which has 10gb of space available..

See what happens if you unmount the SD card (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and then reboot. Just wondering if the SD card might be glitchy. I'm not sure if this is how it works for Samsung devices, but on my older Razr Maxx, when certain apps installed, a portion of the app would automatically install to the SD card. I wonder if your apps are trying to do the same, but encountering some problem with the SD card.