Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Lenovo S660 doesn't work for compass App (Error: compass sensor does not exist)

I recently purchased a Lenovo S660 mobile and found that compass App is not working. Its says that compass sensor does not exist. Does anyone faced similar problem and anyone has workaround?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,714 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Default Re: Lenovo S660 doesn't work for compass App (Error: compass sensor does not exist)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.cpuid.cpu_z
    This was a go to app for me to trouble shoot sensor issues.

Default Re: Lenovo S660 doesn't work for compass App (Error: compass sensor does not exist)

same problem pls help me.....
    I recently purchased a Lenovo S660 mobile and found that compass App is not working. Its says that compass sensor does not exist. Does anyone faced similar problem and anyone has workaround?

Global Posts
    2,805 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

The device has no compass hardware, so of course a compass app won't work. See Lenovo S660 - Full phone specifications under Features/Sensors. It would list "compass" if the device had one. (Check other phones and you'll see.)

Re: Lenovo S660 doesn't work for compass App and font style too... I could not connect otg so upload otg update

Global Posts
    2,805 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

You're confusing OTG and OTA. OTG is a method of connecting certain kinds of USB devices to an Android device. OTA is "over the air" updating of the Android firmware, and is done by the carrier. Devices have been updated OTA before OTG was invented. (If you mean that you want to download an update to an external storage device to install it on your phone, use the microSD card.)