Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5 split sms message numbers

Hi I recently switched to a Galaxy S5 and one thing I noticed is that when sms messages longer than 160 chars are split, it shows a (1/2) or (2/2) at the beginning of each message. I don't like this feature for aesthetic purposes as I'm accustomed to sending and receiving long, split messages without such markers. I use chompSMS but the regular Touchwiz messages app seems to do the same thing as well. I want to know if there is a way to get rid of that so it just splits the message cleanly without adding the numbers. Or if any other sms apps do what I'm looking for. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    13,077 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Galaxy S5 split sms message numbers

Quote Originally Posted by jtinker6171 View Post
    Hi I recently switched to a Galaxy S5 and one thing I noticed is that when sms messages longer than 160 chars are split, it shows a (1/2) or (2/2) at the beginning of each message. I don't like this feature for aesthetic purposes as I'm accustomed to sending and receiving long, split messages without such markers. I use chompSMS but the regular Touchwiz messages app seems to do the same thing as well. I want to know if there is a way to get rid of that so it just splits the message cleanly without adding the numbers. Or if any other sms apps do what I'm looking for. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Go into the settings of the messaging app you are using and make sure the split option is disabled. It's been a while since I've used Chomp, but believe it's there.