Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wall Charger weird?

I think I saw this in the forum, did a search, came up with another brand, mine is GS4 KitKat OS.Got the update a few days ago. Anyway had my S4 hooked up to my PC for about hour doing back up and other stuff. Disconnected it from PC. Was surfing the web for a few hours, then it was time to wall charge it, was down to 28% Plug into wall charger that came with the phone. then a pop up came up said to use the Charger that came with the phone unable to charge the phone, so it all said. I tried my Galaxy Reverb charger, said the same thing.Then plugged in the wall charger that came with the phone again, then said Connected to the charger Dock.
    I restarted phone, said the same thing, by the time trying different test I had 30-35% charge to the phone, then finally no message again this time, What happened? was this a device glitch, because is was hooked up to the PC for a long time? Got it up now to 100% charge now, OK for now! Strange!
    Whom else had this problem? Thanks
    Yes I did only restart phone after I got KK. Charged up with wall charger with no pop up message until now, had no other problems. Been doing testing ever since after KK.
    Last edited by rcca; 06-22-2014 at 02:56 AM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Wall Charger weird?

So far it's been OK on charging, no message pop up on charging.

Global Posts
    5,975 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Lets hope it was just a hiccup from the software.

I never seen anything like that before. *knocks on wood*

Did you take the battery out of the phone for a few minutes just to be on the safe side?

Sent From Inside The TARDIS With My Galaxy S5
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yes. I did take the battery out. So far as of today, still no problems on charging.

Global Posts
    5,975 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Good deal! 🙋

Sent From Another Galaxy
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!