Password to open Transformer Prime

rschoenert

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm still having trouble getting rid of the requirement to enter a PIN to access my Transformer Prime. Some suggested a solution (getting rid of the PIN), and I thought it worked but it didn't. The PIN is back and I'd like to eliminate the requirement to enter it. Can anybody help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Security. Do you see any setting there for Encryption? If so, what does it say?

Also, in Settings>Security, what happens when you select Screen Lock? After you enter your PIN, what selections does it give you? Is there a Slide to Unlock, or a None option?

rschoenert

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
It says::: Settings> Security> Encryption : ENCRYPT TABLET Require a numeric pin or password to decrypt your tablet each time you power it on.

Screen Lock > Confirm PIN > [I enter PIN] > Continue
next screen Greyed out are: NONE, SLIDE, FACE UNLOCK
not greyed out on same screen: Pattern, PIN, Password

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, go to Settings>Security>Device Administrators​. Is anything checked there besides Android Device Manager? Some security apps might prevent you from having no PIN, so if you installed some 3rd party security app, maybe that's causing the issue.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Carbonite is a security app, so see what happens if you uncheck it. You might also consider uninstalling it temporarily to see if that brings back your unlock options.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a corporate Exchange email account setup? It is common for Exchange servers to be configured in such a way to enforce security policies on mobile devices.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're giving it away for shipping cost, it might be interesting to see if I can get rid of the PIN lock. But I really wouldn't want to pay much for an ASUS running Honeycomb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax