Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By N4Newbie
  • 1 Post By Irishdave2
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    irishdave

Default can not disable my screen lock after recent phone update of 4s mini

Hi
    I have a 4G mini and I did the recent phone update and now I can not disable the screen lock

When I go into setting to disable the screen lock the only option I have is to change my password
    All other options are not active (grayed out/not live) as in "None" "Swipe" etc...

can you please advise on how to unlock my screen now

again this only happened after last update

Thank.you

Default Re: can not disable my screen lock after recent phone update of 4s mini

Have you setup a corporate Exchange server email account? If so, your company may enforce security requirements which force you to have a password-protected lockscreen.
    B. Diddy likes this.

Welcome to Android Central! Agree with above. Did you encrypt your phone?

Posted via Android Central App

Hi
    This is my personal phone and not a corporate phone. Before the last update I could lock and unlock the screen.

Only AFTER the last update I can not unlock my screen

More people must be having this concern
    Could you please advise on how to resolve this problem

Thank you

When you go to the Settings>Security menu, are you sure the phone isn't just prompting you to enter your password before you are able to change the security lock? When you want to change your security lock, you always have to input your current passcode first, so that the phone knows it's you.

Also, I didn't ask if it was "a corporate phone" but only if you have configured an Exchange email account to access your office email.

And, as B. Diddy points out, if you encrypted your phone, then by definition, you can no longer disable the lock screen.

Yes I enter my password in setting, security then enter my password

At this time I should be able to choose "swipe" or "None" (I want to choose None to disable screen lock) but at this time the only option I have is to change my password. All other options are grayed out or not live

I know how to lock and Unlock the screen as I have had the phone earlier for a few months and was locking and unlocking it be fore the last update

As I said AFTER the last update the only option I have is to change my password. What is the resolve to this?

The last updated SUCKS

How do I now disable my screen lock ???

1) Have you or have you not setup an Exchange (business) email account?

2) Have you or have you not encrypted your phone?

3) Setting up a VPN will do this as well.

This is a personal phone so no business account set up or should be needed

My phone is not encrypted

I do not use VPN

As mentioned before everything was fine before the last phone update

I wonder if this has something to do with Knox. I wish I could help further, but I don't really have direct experience with Samsung devices.

Hi
    Thank you for the help

My friend has the same phone and we got together and some features moved

I did find where to unlock the screen now

Thank you for your help

David
    B. Diddy likes this.