Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Darth Spock
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default APK question

hey guys im new with apk's. If i install an app manually, and a new version came up on the play store, got extracted and posted on a website which i then download. do i just install it directly or do i have to uninstall the old version of the app? Cheers.
  2. Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by kenticles101 View Post
    hey guys im new with apk's. If i install an app manually, and a new version came up on the play store, got extracted and posted on a website which i then download. do i just install it directly or do i have to uninstall the old version of the app? Cheers.
    Most APK's will update existing apps, but if you end up with a duplicate it's easy enough to uninstall the one you don't want. Many apps if you got the original from the Play Store and updated via an APK sideload will still receive updates from the Play Store.

Assassin Droid

Global Posts
    7,476 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: APK question

Quote Originally Posted by kenticles101 View Post
    Most APK's will update existing apps, but if you end up with a duplicate it's easy enough to uninstall the one you don't want. Many apps if you got the original from the Play Store and updated via an APK sideload will still receive updates from the Play Store.
    Thanked by:
    wizzrah likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: APK question

Thank you!