Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By frag06
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HELP! Have "China" Android Phone and need to Root./Install PLAIN Android OS

Hi!!

Purchased a phone from China, that is supposedly equal to the "Galaxy III", but has so much bloat ware, and useless APPS on it that I cannot begin to understand how to to take even a simple photo! And it refuses to allow me to text SMS messages or the such! I just want the PLAIN OLD ANDROID system without all the "bells and whistles" on the phone.

Can anyone direct ,me to where I can DOWNLOAD on my Windows 7 computer the App/program/etc., needed to "root" or "install" the "basic" Android" OS onto my phone? I am not "that technical", but CAN FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS. Any help or assistance,would be GREATLY appreciated!!! I really don't want to throw this nice phone in the dumpster! LOL

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Default Re: HELP! Have "China" Android Phone and need to Root./Install PLAIN Android OS

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett Simonds View Post
    Hi!!

Purchased a phone from China, that is supposedly equal to the "Galaxy III", but has so much bloat ware, and useless APPS on it that I cannot begin to understand how to to take even a simple photo! And it refuses to allow me to text SMS messages or the such! I just want the PLAIN OLD ANDROID system without all the "bells and whistles" on the phone.

Can anyone direct ,me to where I can DOWNLOAD on my Windows 7 computer the App/program/etc., needed to "root" or "install" the "basic" Android" OS onto my phone? I am not "that technical", but CAN FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS. Any help or assistance,would be GREATLY appreciated!!! I really don't want to throw this nice phone in the dumpster! LOL
    Can you tell us the name of the phone?
    RumoredNow likes this.

Global Posts
    4,052 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: HELP! Have "China" Android Phone and need to Root./Install PLAIN Android OS

Hi!!

You could disable some of the apps in the settings if it helps. Rooting depends on what phone you have so we would need that help. You can also try Greenify. It freezes some apps and puts them in "hibernation" so they don't run.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sfeng.greenify
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Quote Originally Posted by frag06 View Post
    Can you tell us the name of the phone?
    To get a new OS Image installed it would be vital to know the make, model of the phone... AOSP based ROMs are pretty bare bones, but we don't know compatibility yet for a ROM search.

Android A to Z: What is the AOSP? | Android Central
    Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (Factory Unlocked): Windows Phone 8.1 w/ Lumia Cyan
    Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

THANK YOU for the immediate reply!

There really isnt a "model number" or the such...it is a "knock off" phone that is quite similar to the Samsung Galaxy phone in looks and specs.

As for ANY identifying numbers and the such, the only thing I can see/post/note/etc., is the numbers:

CMIIT ID 2013CP8521

IMEI # xxxxxxxxxxxx

And that is all the identification I have for the phone. Bought it on a "wholesale" site from China, the phone works great, and seems up to par, but does not have ENGLISH anywhere in the system! DRIVEs ME CRAZY each time I boot it up, or ATTEMPT to find an APP I need or want! I just NEED to install ANDROID, no matter the version, on this phone, I am being driven CRAZY by the Chinese VOICE and such!!!! PLEASE HELP!

Global Posts
    4,052 Global Posts
    ROM

THANK YOU for the immediate reply!

There really isnt a "model number" or the such...it is a "knock off" phone that is quite similar to the Samsung Galaxy phone in looks and specs.

As for ANY identifying numbers and the such, the only thing I can see/post/note/etc., is the numbers:

CMIIT ID 2013CP8521

IMEI # xxxxxxxxxxxx

And that is all the identification I have for the phone. Bought it on a "wholesale" site from China, the phone works great, and seems up to par, but does not have ENGLISH anywhere in the system! DRIVEs ME CRAZY each time I boot it up, or ATTEMPT to find an APP I need or want! I just NEED to install ANDROID, no matter the version, on this phone, I am being driven CRAZY by the Chinese VOICE and such!!!! PLEASE HELP!
    There is no way we can help you if you can't give us a model. Perhaps a link from where you bought it online will help.

Sent from my AT&T One XL
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thank you all for your advise, and direction! There seems to be no "serial number" or make and model that I can identify. This is a "knock off" phone that is supposed the be close to the Galaxy, but of course is just a "knock off" version.

EVERYTHING on the phone is in Chinese. From the moment you turn the power on...it speaks some Chinese script of "welcome"...similar to that which English Android users experience....and then ALL apps are in some Chinese character script that I can't understand, and I can not even us the Internet/Web in ENGLISH because of the ANDROID OS that is being used/was installed.

All I desire is a way to ERASE, or UNINSTALL, or REPLACE the ANDROID OS that is currently on this pretty powerful and fast phone, with a USABLE and FUNCTIONAL Android OS that is in ENGLISH! I don't need the "bells and whistles"....just something that is STABLE, WORKS, and is in ENGLISH!

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN for your advice, suggestions, and guidance in this post. Without such a place, I would be a like a fish out of water!

If there is some model#, spec info, or something additional I can provide to help in this request for help...please let me know, AND where/how to find and provide it. Obviously...you are dealing with a less than savy tech user, in need of uber-technical assistance!

Global Posts
    4,052 Global Posts
    ROM

Thank you all for your advise, and direction! There seems to be no "serial number" or make and model that I can identify. This is a "knock off" phone that is supposed the be close to the Galaxy, but of course is just a "knock off" version.

EVERYTHING on the phone is in Chinese. From the moment you turn the power on...it speaks some Chinese script of "welcome"...similar to that which English Android users experience....and then ALL apps are in some Chinese character script that I can't understand, and I can not even us the Internet/Web in ENGLISH because of the ANDROID OS that is being used/was installed.

All I desire is a way to ERASE, or UNINSTALL, or REPLACE the ANDROID OS that is currently on this pretty powerful and fast phone, with a USABLE and FUNCTIONAL Android OS that is in ENGLISH! I don't need the "bells and whistles"....just something that is STABLE, WORKS, and is in ENGLISH!

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN for your advice, suggestions, and guidance in this post. Without such a place, I would be a like a fish out of water!

If there is some model#, spec info, or something additional I can provide to help in this request for help...please let me know, AND where/how to find and provide it. Obviously...you are dealing with a less than savy tech user, in need of uber-technical assistance!
    Again, do you have a link from where you bought it?

Sent from my AT&T One XL

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

THANK YOU!!

THIS is ALL I have on the phone that I bought....and really, nothing more. Here is the link to the exact model I bought......

M3 5.0 MTK6599M Dual Core 1.5GHz Quad Band Android 4.2.2 OS Smart Phone White (US Standard) - Tmart.com

ANYTHING you can advise or suggest would be appreciated!

Jarrett

Global Posts
    4,052 Global Posts
    ROM

THANK YOU!!

THIS is ALL I have on the phone that I bought....and really, nothing more. Here is the link to the exact model I bought......

M3 5.0 MTK6599M Dual Core 1.5GHz Quad Band Android 4.2.2 OS Smart Phone White (US Standard) - Tmart.com

ANYTHING you can advise or suggest would be appreciated!

Jarrett
    Well, digging around, I could not find much about your phone. However, one thing stood out for me. It has a Mediatek processor. There are many root exploits available for them. There is a thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2438752

Here are some other resources that might be useful.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2160490

http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps...-root-t2130276

My only concern is that the processor your phone has is newer, but I think this your best bet for rooting. Best of luck.

Sent from my AT&T One XL