Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lg G3 os on Galaxy s5?

Is it possible through root? I know its early yet but it has to be one of the cleanest looking Andriod OSes. I deffenitly would be better than my KitKat launcher running on top of Touchwiz. Thanks. Btw what is the Lg g3's os called?

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts

Default Re: Lg G3 os on Galaxy s5?

Quote Originally Posted by Riley Ancona View Post
    Is it possible through root? I know its early yet but it has to be one of the cleanest looking Andriod OSes. I deffenitly would be better than my KitKat launcher running on top of Touchwiz. Thanks. Btw what is the Lg g3's os called?
    Welcome to Android Central!

It is going to ship with Android 4.4.2, and LG's UI is called LG Optimus. Unfortunately, you won't be able to use it on your S5. You could always root and use a custom ROM, though, such as CyanogenMod when it is released for the S5.

CyanogenMod will get you close to vanilla Android.

Global Posts
    4,686 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

Hi there!

To further clarify, you cannot simply put one skin from one phone on to the other. Your best bet is a launcher that has that a skin that looks similar. You can try and see if you find one for Nova Launcher or Apex launcher if you want. I actually found one for go launcher: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gui.golauncher

There were others as well. Just search for "Optimus UI" in the play store.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ok well my question is; is there any possible way to get rid of this hideous notification pulldown? Green with blue is the worst possible two combinations and it just look bad. Kk launcher prime works fine but I really want that perfect notification pull down from the new Optimus UI. Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    4,686 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

Ok well my question is; is there any possible way to get rid of this hideous notification pulldown? Green with blue is the worst possible two combinations and it just look bad. Kk launcher prime works fine but I really want that perfect notification pull down from the new Optimus UI. Thanks

That's part of TouchWiz itself. I don't think you can change that with out costly work.

Sent from my AT&T One XL
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Is Cyanogenmod the same as the one on the Oppo Find 7? That is also a super simple and clean UI. But Idk if that is a skin in top of Cyanogenmod.

Global Posts
    4,686 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

Is Cyanogenmod the same as the one on the Oppo Find 7? That is also a super simple and clean UI. But Idk if that is a skin in top of Cyanogenmod.

Cyanogenmod is basically stock android. You can put that on your phone I'm sure.

Sent from my AT&T One XL