Lg G3 os on Galaxy s5?

Riley Ancona

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible through root? I know its early yet but it has to be one of the cleanest looking Andriod OSes. I deffenitly would be better than my KitKat launcher running on top of Touchwiz. Thanks. Btw what is the Lg g3's os called?

frag06

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible through root? I know its early yet but it has to be one of the cleanest looking Andriod OSes. I deffenitly would be better than my KitKat launcher running on top of Touchwiz. Thanks. Btw what is the Lg g3's os called?

Welcome to Android Central!

It is going to ship with Android 4.4.2, and LG's UI is called LG Optimus. Unfortunately, you won't be able to use it on your S5. You could always root and use a custom ROM, though, such as CyanogenMod when it is released for the S5.

CyanogenMod will get you close to vanilla Android.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi there!

To further clarify, you cannot simply put one skin from one phone on to the other. Your best bet is a launcher that has that a skin that looks similar. You can try and see if you find one for Nova Launcher or Apex launcher if you want. I actually found one for go launcher: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....theme.aotheme.lgui.golauncher&token=ErbZ9qa6

There were others as well. Just search for "Optimus UI" in the play store.

Riley Ancona

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Ok well my question is; is there any possible way to get rid of this hideous notification pulldown? Green with blue is the worst possible two combinations and it just look bad. Kk launcher prime works fine but I really want that perfect notification pull down from the new Optimus UI. Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok well my question is; is there any possible way to get rid of this hideous notification pulldown? Green with blue is the worst possible two combinations and it just look bad. Kk launcher prime works fine but I really want that perfect notification pull down from the new Optimus UI. Thanks

Posted via Android Central App
That's part of TouchWiz itself. I don't think you can change that with out costly work.

Sent from my AT&T One XL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699