Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Playing >4Gb mkv file on Galaxy S4

Hi guys, I just bought the GS4 this week and struggled to make it to play with the mkv file on my exfat Sd card. I used both the MX player with the installed codec ARMv7, ARMv7 Neon and the BS player. Both played the 7.24Gb mkv file with sound until both the audio and the video stopped after playing half the movie. There is nothing I can do to make them play the other half of the movie. I also tried playing 3Gb mkv file and it played smoothly until the end. I just want to know whether there is a limitation in playing video file larger than 4Gb or is it just a bug or something that I can fix ?

Global Posts
    4,373 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

Default Re: Playing >4Gb mkv file on Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Hi guys, I just bought the GS4 this week and struggled to make it to play with the mkv file on my exfat Sd card. I used both the MX player with the installed codec ARMv7, ARMv7 Neon and the BS player. Both played the 7.24Gb mkv file with sound until both the audio and the video stopped after playing half the movie. There is nothing I can do to make them play the other half of the movie. I also tried playing 3Gb mkv file and it played smoothly until the end. I just want to know whether there is a limitation in playing video file larger than 4Gb or is it just a bug or something that I can fix ?
    Hi there.

Try seeing if formatting the SD Card to NTFS will help. Does the file play fine on your computer?

Sent from my AT&T One XL
    "The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson

My One X has served its time...now it's the Note 4's turn

Default Re: Playing >4Gb mkv file on Galaxy S4

hi Wizzrah, I formatted my SD card into NTFS but my S4 wouldn't read the card. It said "blank card" when I inserted the card. As for the Exfat format, I copied the 7.24Gb to the SD card and it played fine on my computer until the end. So I guess it's my phone that is having problem playing the file ?