GALAXY GEAR: Replacing UK stock ROM with US stock ROM

Roger Skepple

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Recently I completely wiped my galaxy gear and had to flash the UK stock ROM in order for it to work. Now that I want root my gear, it is not recognized by Cydia Impactor, CMD(for adb purposes) or ODIN. My computer recognizes my gear so I have obviously installed the right drivers but I can't go much further than that. I was able to root me gear when I had the original stock ROM on it (US version). Is there any way to restore the US version back on my galaxy gear??

Roger Skepple

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
If Odin can't recognize it, then probably not. The bootloader may have been altered when the ROM from a different region was flashed.

Correction, I apologize, Odin DOES recognize it but the flash will only get to a certain point. I tried to flash a custom recovery on it and it starts flashing but then stops when the box hits ID:0/004> NAND WRITE START

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Correction, I apologize, Odin DOES recognize it but the flash will only get to a certain point. I tried to flash a custom recovery on it and it starts flashing but then stops when the box hits ID:0/004> NAND WRITE START

Ok. I am still under the impression that the bootloader was changed when the different ROM was flashed. That would explain why Odin has issues now.

Roger Skepple

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Do you have the US ROM as a TWRP backup?

ok so apparently my posts have to be approved before they are visible which is why it took me so long to respond...no I don't believe so. The problem is that I don't even have recovery anymore. That's the file I was trying to flash when I kept running into the ODIN issue. I was trying to get recovery back on my GG then see if somehow the ROM was stored somehow

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
ok so apparently my posts have to be approved before they are visible which is why it took me so long to respond...no I don't believe so. The problem is that I don't even have recovery anymore. That's the file I was trying to flash when I kept running into the ODIN issue. I was trying to get recovery back on my GG then see if somehow the ROM was stored somehow

Ok. I think I get this now. I would try downloading the whole stock ROM.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It only went one step further past the NAND WRITE START notification, I unplugged it and now it's saying "firmware upgrade issue encountered...", with the yellow icon. I don't think there's a way to recover from this is there

You might be able to through a JTAG service. If not, then I don't think so.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463