Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Inability in Backing Up The Data

Hi..
    I am facing a huge problem in backing up the data of my phone. Further, being thoroughly ignorant about the technological aspects does not help either in finding any effective option to get out of the existing mess.

That is the precise area where I am requesting your advice.

Following is a detailed description:
    Device under question: Micromax (company) Canvas A210 (Model)

Issue: Inability to backing up the data.

My 'USB Storage' option has stopped working few months back, even though the phone gets charged upon connecting to the laptop. Earlier, upon connecting to the laptop I used to receive a 'USB Storage' notification, which does not appear anymore.

Hence, neither manual effort nor any app can be used in backing up the data. I tried with 'SimpleADBackup', which had an option of 'Connect to Wireless ADB'. Selecting that option prompted me to enter 'something' in 'hostost' format.

This entire thing sounded all Greek to me, and hence I have come to you.

Can you please offer any suggestion on the ways of proceeding from this mess?
    Thanks.

Default Re: Inability in Backing Up The Data

If you had a system update at some point, that may have taken away the USB Mass Storage option. To be sure, when you connect the phone to your computer, swipe down the Notification Shade on the phone, tap on the USB connection notification, and see if there is a USB Mass Storage option there, along with MTP and PTP.

Otherwise, consider an app like Helium for backup.