Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 1 Post By VidJunky
  • 1 Post By smudge5
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation HTC One (M7) Not working (Help!)

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. seeking some help with my HTC One M7.

Now i was on a Kayak at the time (I know stupid) and had wet hands and handled the phone for pictures. It shouldn't have taken in any water (kept in a waterproof bag) but it started to go weird.

It was on 60% battery life, and it just turned off. then kept restarting showing the htc logo then cutting out. It Keeps repeating that when on charge and when off charge it isn't responding. the Red LED isn't working too to show its charging.

PLease Help,

Thanks Guys.

Connor

Global Posts
    17,709 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: HTC One (M7) Not working (Help!)

Welcome to the forums.
    I know this must seem strange, but it had to have gotten wet. How wet were your hands?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    smudge5 likes this.

I've taken my phone with me in a ziploc baggie and they aren't always completely water proof. However that being said it's definitely better than nothing at all. What I would do is stop using it for a night and put it in a baggie with a couple of table spoons of rice. This will ensure that all of the moisture is drawn out and may solve your reboot and LED problems. It doesn't take much moisture to cause issues if it gets to the right, well wrong, place. I'd say 8 to 10 hours in a baggie with rice in a warm place should take care of your issue. Longer if you think it really got in there good.

On a side note if your fairly confident that it stayed dry through all of that you could try a simulated battery pull. I can't remember if it's while turning off the phone or turning it on, you can do both and it shouldn't hurt anything, but press and hold up on the volume button while cycling the power simulates a battery pull and may clear up your issue. The one thing about carrying it in a baggie is that it can't breath and it may have slightly overheated.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.
    smudge5 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Hi, yes quite possibly my hands were wet not just damp. But i thought i was careful and i dried the phone and hands soon after. The HTC one seems quite unacceptable to water damage from research online.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for the tips, just tried holding down the up volume button, it still dosn't want to know, htc screen still shows wait 4 secs then off no power. then give it a few more secs and starts the same cycle...
    Ill try the rice in a bag trick, might need a wile to remove any moisture left. there is mo moisture behind the camera lens which makes me think most of the water has gone..

Global Posts
    17,709 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by smudge5 View Post
    Thanks for the tips, just tried holding down the up volume button, it still dosn't want to know, htc screen still shows wait 4 secs then off no power. then give it a few more secs and starts the same cycle...
    Ill try the rice in a bag trick, might need a wile to remove any moisture left. there is mo moisture behind the camera lens which makes me think most of the water has gone..
    Sorry to hear about all that though. Let us know what happens.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Sorry to hear about all that though. Let us know what happens.
    Will do thank you golfdriver,

if the worst comes to the worst, are there any new android phones you would recommend if i upgrade?
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    17,709 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

M8, G3, Moto X is solid, or the Nexus 5.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    Thanked by: