My s3 fell from a long distane into d ground where some little water was...it could only soak the screen...I placed it on rice for abt 20hrs still doent switch on but whenever I connect it to my pc..the screen flashes for abt a miliseconds and its usb port and environs get hot
- 06-23-2014, 09:53 AM #2
Welcome to the forums.
Unfortunately, I think the device is mechanically damaged to the point where it may not be salvageable. Or, if it is, it wouldn't be very cost effective to do so.
- 06-23-2014, 01:21 PM #4
And if the USB is getting hot from being plugged in I'd refrain from doing that as superheating batteries is dangerous.
You said you placed it "on rice." To be effective you need to take the back cover off, remove the battery, remove the SIM card, remove the SD card and submerge all the parts and the phone in rice. It should all be covered/surrounded by rice and no parts touching. Wait at least two days before putting the phone back together and trying it out.Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (Factory Unlocked): Windows Phone 8.1 w/ Lumia Cyan
Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S
- By Alan Vang in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 7Last Post: 06-23-2014, 05:18 PM
- By smudge5 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 7Last Post: 06-23-2014, 12:20 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-23-2014, 10:18 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-23-2014, 10:03 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-23-2014, 09:14 AM