Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Exclamation HTC One: stuck in bootloader and cant get into recovery HELP!!! (Three-UK)

A couple of months ago i decided to root my phone and everything has been fine until last night, my phone died so i charged it up and booted it and now it is stuck in a boot loop. However the phone lets me open fastboot USB in the bootloader but does not let me do a factory reset. I also decided to re lock my phone cause i still have a year warranty but at the top of the bootloader it says ***TAMPERED***, ***RELOCKED*** and **Security Warning*** so if someone could help me fix my phone it would be greatly appreciated.

Global Posts
    951 Global Posts

Default Re: HTC One: stuck in bootloader and cant get into recovery HELP!!! (Three-UK)

I guess I could help if I was home, but that won't do. The boss won't let me go. But this can be easily fixed with a computer and adb. So what you can do is go to the XDA forums and to the HTC One forum. There are two forums, one for the M7 and one for the M8. In there you will find instruction on returning to stock. Either by using adb or Odin.

Sent from my AT&T HTC One M8 via Tapatalk.
    Oditius (Samsung Galaxy S5 Active w/AT&T & Dell Venue Pro II 128GB Tab)
    _________________________________________________________________________________
    Wife says I am spending too much time on computer.

But I do stop when I go to bed, so it's not like I spend 24/7 on it!!!
    Thanked by:

Default Re: HTC One: stuck in bootloader and cant get into recovery HELP!!! (Three-UK)

Could you please send me the links cause i cant find the right topics

Global Posts
    951 Global Posts

Which HTC One do you have? M7 or M8?

_________________________________________________________________________________

Global Posts
    951 Global Posts

When you rooted, did you not follow directions? Every where I found all had the same instruction to make a nandroid backup.

M7, I cant seem to find a RUU file for Three network so if you could link one to me or tell me whereabouts one is that would be great

I've been seeing this issue pop up all over. It's a problem with Super SU. If you have enough time before it reboots, go into Settings > Apps > Super SU, then force stop and disable. It will stop rebooting.
    Thanked by 2:

yeah i followed a tutorial on youtube

I just tried doing that then but it still rebooted

oh no i just tried again and it worked thankyou so much! but will it start up everytime the phone reboots?

Global Posts
    951 Global Posts

If you disabled it then it won't start up again.

Thanked by:

Thanks, do you know how i can unroot my phone cause its already been relocked?

Global Posts
    951 Global Posts

Thanked by:

Thanks for the help but I have managed to sort it out

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by: