Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nova L./Launcher Pro Questions...

I have a brand new Note II that I've only had for 3 days. On the 2nd day, I experienced considerable lag. Initially, I decided to return it, but some members suggested that I use Nova L. or Launcher Pro to make the phone faster. I liked the mosaic live photo wallpaper of the regular stock launcher...my question is does Nova or Launcher Pro have a live mosaic photo wallpaper? Do these launchers really make the phone faster? Please help me with one or both of the above questions...thanks for all of your help!
  2. Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by peacefulberry View Post
    I have a brand new Note II that I've only had for 3 days. On the 2nd day, I experienced considerable lag. Initially, I decided to return it, but some members suggested that I use Nova L. or Launcher Pro to make the phone faster. I liked the mosaic live photo wallpaper of the regular stock launcher...my question is does Nova or Launcher Pro have a live mosaic photo wallpaper? Do these launchers really make the phone faster? Please help me with one or both of the above questions...thanks for all of your help!
    Hi!

Nova Launcher is a launcher that imitates completely stock android. While it overlays on top of your phone, a lot of things will be unaffected, such as the ability to choose wallpapers. You can still use the live mosaic wallpaper. As for performance, it does help the phone in some way. The only real way for you to find out if it helps the phone is for you to actually try it out.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oilsw.launcher

Global Posts
    4,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Default Re: Nova L./Launcher Pro Questions...

Hi!

Nova Launcher is a launcher that imitates completely stock android. While it overlays on top of your phone, a lot of things will be unaffected, such as the ability to choose wallpapers. You can still use the live mosaic wallpaper. As for performance, it does help the phone in some way. The only real way for you to find out if it helps the phone is for you to actually try it out.

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Hi!

Does my phone have to be rooted? Also, will the Note II's capabilities, S pen, multi-tasking, etc. be affected?

Global Posts
    4,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

The phone does not have to be rooted. You can access any apps as you want and use the S Pen as well. Again, it won't hurt to try it out for yourself!

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
    Thanked by:
    RumoredNow likes this.

The App description does not mention root. It will not wipe your data or compromise functions.

It's just a different look for the home screens(s) and App Drawer. It's what is known as "eye candy."
    Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (Factory Unlocked): Windows Phone 8.1 w/ Lumia Cyan
    Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S
    Thanked by:
    wizzrah likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

The phone does not have to be rooted. You can access any apps as you want and use the S Pen as well. Again, it won't hurt to try it out for yourself!

I will certainly give it a try...Would you suggest Nova L. or Launcher Pro for the fastest, cleanest experience? Thanks again!

Try the free version first and see if you like it. Then go "Pro" if you decide to keep it.
    Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (Factory Unlocked): Windows Phone 8.1 w/ Lumia Cyan
    Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    The App description does not mention root. It will not wipe your data or compromise functions.

It's just a different look for the home screens(s) and App Drawer. It's what is known as "eye candy."
    Thanks for your help!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Try the free version first and see if you like it. Then go "Pro" if you decide to keep it.
    Didn't realize there was a free version.... cool!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Thanks for your help!

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't realize there was a free version.... cool!
    The one I linked to was the free version!!!!!

RumoredNow likes this.

Works great on my moto g ...

sent from Mars using Moto g !
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I just researched it, didn't click on the link yet. LOL! Thanks again!
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I forgot to ask if you like Nova better than Launcher Pro?

Global Posts
    4,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

I forgot to ask if you like Nova better than Launcher Pro?
    Nova Launcher. If you are referring to this Launcher Pro: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....fede.launcher

Please don't install it. It's over 3 years old and outdated. LauncherPro was last updated in 2011.

Thanked by:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Nova Launcher. If you are referring to this Launcher Pro: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....fede.launcher

Please don't install it. It's over 3 years old and outdated. LauncherPro was last updated in 2011.
    Oh I see that...thanks for the heads up!

Global Posts
    4,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Oh I see that...thanks for the heads up!
    No problem. Come back to AndroidCentral if you run into any problems or have more questions.

The one in play store shows June 6 2014 ...so it should be up to date .

Global Posts
    4,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by Sergiusz Jasper View Post
    The one in play store shows June 6 2014 ...so it should be up to date .

That's for Nova Launcher. I was referring to LauncherPro: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....fede.launcher

It was a good launcher in it's prime, but not anymore.

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

No problem. Come back to AndroidCentral if you run into any problems or have more questions.
    Thanks...1 more question: (I'm making a list of all the things I should do after returning from a hard reset.) I saw suggestions about turning off animations in the Dev Options...should I turn the 3 categories (animations and transitions) to NONE or 0.5 or leave it at the default 1?

Global Posts
    4,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Thanks...1 more question: (I'm making a list of all the things I should do after returning from a hard reset.) I saw suggestions about turning off animations in the Dev Options...should I turn the 3 categories (animations and transitions) to NONE or 0.5 or leave it at the default 1?
    Setting it to None will definitely reduce the load on the phone.

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Setting it to None will definitely reduce the load on the phone.
    Cool...that's what I did...I left GPU and max number of background tasks settings at the default levels...is that ok?

Global Posts
    4,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Cool...that's what I did...I left GPU and max number of background tasks settings at the default levels...is that ok?
    Yep.

Is there anything better ...free?

24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

I think most of them have a free and a paid version so you can try which one that works.

Anyone tried Apex Launcher...which one would be better in your opinion, NL or Apex?

Global Posts
    4,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

I think most of them have a free and a paid version so you can try which one that works.

Anyone tried Apex Launcher...which one would be better in your opinion, NL or Apex?
    Nova Launcher.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Go Launcher is pretty fun. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gau.go.launcherex

Just tried go luncher its cool almost iPhone like experience problem is tho it does not transfer ur apps u have move all apps back and to much advertising ...back to nova

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast