Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Angry Samsung Galaxy S2 started to be verry slow and laggy

It's almost 2 full years since we bought our Galaxy S2s and both started to be very slow and laggy. Especially my wife's phone. I uploaded video to show you guys what exactly I mean. I would like to know what can be done to solve this issue. When I went to T-Mobile's store I was told that due to changes I will no longer get new phone cheaper or for free. Now I have to pay full price and long term customer doesn't mean a thing. I don't have money for new phone and I didn't think that Galaxy S2 would be piece of s*** so fast.
    I've already formatted both phones and even deleted all text messages but lagging is the same.
    Do you have any ideas what to do to fix this issue?

https://www.sendspace.com/file/dl3409

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 started to be verry slow and laggy

Welcome to Android Central! When you say you formatted them, do you mean you did a factory reset? The S2 is a fairly old device--remember, with how quickly tech advances these days, 2 years is a pretty long time. Apps continue to get bigger and require more RAM, so unless you're only using the apps from 2 years ago (without updating them to more recent versions), the current versions are probably taxing your system more.

You can always try wiping the system cache partition, which can sometimes improve performance, and won't erase any personal data: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

yes, factory reset.
    What about rooting?
    Can you help me finding link to guide how to root my galaxy s2?

You could check out some of the S2 subforums: Samsung Galaxy S2 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

I forgot to write one important thing.
    2 years ago I bought black galaxy s2 for me and white for my wife. We have problems only with my wife's. So phones are not that old. That is why I think this issue is fixeable.

As I mentioned in my previous post, 2 years is actually pretty old for phone these days. Tech moves fast, and as phones have been getting more and more powerful, the OS and apps have advanced along with them, such that many of them may not work optimally on older hardware. But I hope you can find a decent fix.

no, it's not that old.
    Because I have 2 of these phones and mine works great and my wife's is slow and laggy. I don't expect for these phones to be superfast but I just want my wife's phone to works exactly as mine.

Oh, I see what you're saying. Does your wife's phone have an external SD card inserted? Try unmounting it (in Settings/Storage), removing it, and rebooting. A corrupt SD card can cause performance issues. If it seems to work better without the SD, then try using a new SD card.