Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Lightbulb Bluetooth Headset HONEST Comparison: Motorola HX550 vs. Motorola Elite Flip

I have a Motorola Droid Ultra, and have been having issues with Samsung HM1700 with poor sound quality on the other end, then with Plantronics Voyager Legend for uncomfortable fit and connecting issue and often the other end can't hear...
    So, I'm in search of the BEST fit to my needs Bluetooth Headset.

My most important criteria is:
    - Superb sound quality, especially the other end
    - Compact design, so it will be less obstructive with my long hair
    - Excellent connectivity

Currently, I'm comparing TRUE Pros & Cons of "Motorola HX550" vs. "Motorola Elite Flip". Anybody has any opinion?
    OR maybe "Motorola Boom HX600 Universal Bluetooth Headset"?

Thank you!

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Default Re: Bluetooth Headset HONEST Comparison: Motorola HX550 vs. Motorola Elite Flip

Quote Originally Posted by ymaz108 View Post
    I have a Motorola Droid Ultra, and have been having issues with Samsung HM1700 with poor sound quality on the other end, then with Plantronics Voyager Legend for uncomfortable fit and connecting issue and often the other end can't hear...
    So, I'm in search of the BEST fit to my needs Bluetooth Headset.

My most important criteria is:
    - Superb sound quality, especially the other end
    - Compact design, so it will be less obstructive with my long hair
    - Excellent connectivity

Currently, I'm comparing TRUE Pros & Cons of "Motorola HX550" vs. "Motorola Elite Flip". Anybody has any opinion?
    OR maybe "Motorola Boom HX600 Universal Bluetooth Headset"?

Thank you!
    Judging from Amazon reviews, the HX550 is probably the better headset. It is also said to have three more hours of talk time and four days longer standby time.

Honestly, you're not getting the best headset regardless of which one you choose. For the price, they are probably great headsets, but when a headset like the Voyager Legend is $70, they just aren't worth it, IMO.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Bluetooth Headset HONEST Comparison: Motorola HX550 vs. Motorola Elite Flip

My first BT headset was Samsung HM1700. It was on sale at Staples, so I thought to try out. It wears nicely for my small ear and very compact and light, But it was picking up sounds around me too much, my fiancee complained and told me to not talk to him on the phone with the BT headset!
    So, I got Plantronics Voyager Legend after my FIRST extensive reviews for the several BT headset, but I do not like it at all... Although my fiancee has been okay hearing me, but often I've been having some issue with the other end asking me to repeat, which ended up switching to talk with cell headset, and the back part of the device is so annoyingly obstructive over my ear, it doesn't sit/fit well as all... The eartip doesn't fit well either...
    Thus I'm trying to find alternative... and it's not easy...

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ymaz108 View Post
    My first BT headset was Samsung HM1700. It was on sale at Staples, so I thought to try out. It wears nicely for my small ear and very compact and light, But it was picking up sounds around me too much, my fiancee complained and told me to not talk to him on the phone with the BT headset!
    So, I got Plantronics Voyager Legend after my FIRST extensive reviews for the several BT headset, but I do not like it at all... Although my fiancee has been okay hearing me, but often I've been having some issue with the other end asking me to repeat, which ended up switching to talk with cell headset, and the back part of the device is so annoyingly obstructive over my ear, it doesn't sit/fit well as all... The eartip doesn't fit well either...
    Thus I'm trying to find alternative... and it's not easy...
    Oh, I see.

As it is designed differently from most BT headsets, it can be uncomfortable for some people. If you would like a nice headset in a small form, I would suggest the Plantronics Discovery 975. I used to have one and it was a great headset. It simply fits in your ear, rather than having an over the ear piece. It is only $43 now ($99 when I bought it). It comes with a little charging case that you can use to charge it when you're on-the-go.

If you want the best, though, I would suggest the Plantronics Voyager Edge or Jawbone Era. They are expensive, but they are wonderful headsets. They also simply fit in your ear.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Hi frag06,
    I read that Plantronics Discovery 975: You can't stream audio. It doesn't include caller ID.
    Is that true? I listen iHeart Radio at work with my BT headset and would prefer Caller ID, which my cell has been announcing who's calling as long as they are in my Contacts with both Samsung HM1700 and Plantronics Voyager Legend.
    I would love the Edge, but it's just too expensive for me... And the new Era or old Era both look too bulky for my feature of small ear and long hair...
    I have started looking Motorola HX550, Boom HX600 and H19txt also...