Avail 2 wifi issues
My phone is 8 days old and so far i am having 2 frustrating issues.
1. I have about 1.1gb space empty yet the games i play, whether it uses wifi or not, are super sluggish every 5 minutes. regular apps have no issues for some reason
2. my wifi greys out for 2 minutes ever so often and it irritates the crap out of me, but then turns blue. ive tried restarting my phone and turning my wifi on my phone off and on. it has also done this with other peopke's wifi
please help (i have emailed support, but they said to ask the forums while i wait for their reply)
- 06-23-2014, 08:11 PM #2
Re: Avail 2 wifi issues
Welcome to Android Central! I'm afraid the sluggishness issues probably have more to do with your phone's specs, which are quite basic. It has a single core CPU, which will be very underpowered for most apps these days. It has 512 MB of system RAM, which is pretty small--most phones have at least 1 GB these days, and flagships have 2 GB. Lower system RAM means less room for apps to reside in active memory, which leads to slower performance. The 1.1 GB of available space doesn't really figure that much into your performance issues, because that's just storage space. The reason you see problems with games rather than "regular apps" (although I'm not sure what you mean by that) is that games will generally be more processor intensive than other apps like Facebook.
As for your wifi issues, review this guide and see if any of the tips help: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html
- 06-23-2014, 08:33 PM #3
Re: Avail 2 wifi issues
Technology wise, the cpu is a qualcomm snapdragon s1,which first came out in 2007. The technology is very old, and it is a weak processor. So having issues with performance is typical especially if trying to game. You might want to consider returning this phone for a better one, if you want to play games.
dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- By Roger Skepple in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-05-2014, 08:10 AM
- By Harry_Yambag in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 6Last Post: 06-25-2014, 12:01 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-23-2014, 05:15 PM
- By Glenn Ward in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-23-2014, 04:54 PM
- By DKRises in forum AT&T HTC OneReplies: 1Last Post: 06-23-2014, 12:03 PM